Chapter 15 | Admit

The streets of stonehill were different from the bustling crowds that it usually was, putting Lorelei at a content ease. There were a few stragglers walking past here and there but Lorelei didn't mind too much.

This was her favorite season, winter. A time during the year where she can walk freely without having to secure her hood and plan out an escape plan for any scenarios she conquers up in her mind.

Though, the amount of residents strolling about had changed. Her desired destination had not.

Turning the corner, she admires the rustic bookstore with a dimly lit street lamp flickering in front of the entrance.

Lorelei opened the door and was welcomed in by a faint dingle of the bell and an overly animated Miss Aveen. Who was eagerly pouring out some piping tea which Lori assumed was just made.

"Hello Miss Aveen." Said Lorelei in a type of sing-song tune.

"Why hello Dearie! Tell me, what reason causes you to visit me?"

"Must I always come with a reason?" Lorelei teased.

"Of course not! You could even live here and I will not complain in the slightest, however this frigid weather is not suitable for frolics and promenades."

The weather was indeed not suitable for mingling, the snow was a nuisance to stroll through and the street lamps added little to no warmth. It was that type of weather that is the most beautiful to observe from the comfort of your home but irritating to be in.

Lori sighed deeply before answering, "Well, If you truly must know, I have come for a needed conversation with you. I am in a small predicament and I am in need of your wisdom."

"I'm delighted to know that you came to me for advice, please ask away."

She pondered for a bit. Unsure how to touch upon a subject she had no experience with. Lorelei was worried she may confuse Miss Aveen or that she may not fully understand what is unknown to her.

Then, she spoke, "You see. After spending much time with Jay, I have noticed that I am experiencing an abnormality with my heart. I'm not too sure how to explain it but when i am with him i feel safe yet my heart beats as if i am in danger. Or when he does a kind gesture, my temperature rises. I have but a clue of what is happening, would you by any chance have an idea?"

Miss Aveen snickered at Lorelei's predicament. For a girl who reads multiple books on courtship ballads, you would have though she learned how to read in between the lines.

"Oh my dear Lorelei!" She trapped her into a tight hug.

"What happened?" she patted Miss Aveen's back, trying to assess the situation. "Heavens no, am I ill?"

"What? No, you are not." She let her go from her embrace and lifted her hands to Lorelei's shoulders in reassurance.

"You are merely falling in love with the boy dearest. It is nothing to worry about."

"I...am?" This was very sereal for lori. She has experience with Agape and Storge, but Eros is something she never once thought about in this lifetime. Of course, she would love to experience how it feels to be cherished in a passionate way. Maybe then she could have a deeper understanding of the emotions in her novels.

However the affairs of the heart were also very terrifying to Lorelei.

"Yes you are my dear, don't fret. It is not as horrific as you may believe it to be. It is a wonderful feeling if nurtured and used wisely."

"How will i know that i have tended to my love well if it is an emotion?"

"You are smart enough to know what to do when the time comes, for now, treat it like a stew and let it sizzle in low heat. Do not rush."