Chapter 11 | Past

Lorelei woke up to a violent chill, it was expected since it was becoming winter more and more everyday. This frigid climate compelled Lorelei to just bury herself in her covers for the entirety of this winter. However she had some responsibilities to attend to today. The animals must be fed and she planned to spend some time with Jay, Hastings wouldn't tag along like usual since he had 'unfinished business'.

Rosey is very interesting...it's refreshing.

With much hesitation, she quite literally slid out of her bed. Her legs stretched out to the side and were the first to touch the floor, Lori's body was still reluctant to part with the warmth. After a minute of groaning, she managed to stand.

Fortunately, she thought ahead last night and placed her wool blanket on the chair next to her bedside. Placed on top of her vanity was her planned outfit for the day, a thick layered black a-line dress with a black tailored bodice. Of course, to combat the cold, she had sewn white off the shoulder sleeves to the dress.

Her look was finished, she decided to leave her hair in its natural waves and zipped up her leather boots. Jay was going to meet her at the clearing. He was very reluctant to let her walk alone in the snow but with much convincing on her part, they agreed to meet at the clearing so she wouldn't walk the whole way.

For their meeting today, she prepared some snacks. Cut fruit, sandwiches and some sugar cookies. Just in case. With that, she closed the picnic basket cover, buttoned the green winter coat, pinned the pendant Jay gave her and headed towards the clearing.

How could she forget her animals though?

Lorelei unlocked the small barn where all the animals stayed to keep warm and filled up the feeding bins.

"I'm going to go out to town today alright? Be safe while I'm gone." She said while petting the newest member of the family, a baby land she named Alba.

"I know, i've been going to the town way more often than normal but as long as Jay is with me everything will be fine right?"

"Now that I think about it, why do I trust him and Rosey so much? I barely met them about over a month ago. Why do I feel safe and comfortable around them? It's such a weird feeling..."

The sheep just looked at her speech while Alba jumped around her legs in circles.

"Right, well go eat, I'll be sure to come back tonight."

*****

"Ugh, this snow is insufferable. It's beautiful to look at and admire but a pain to walk through. I hope he isn't waiting for me for too long."

After a few more steps, she spotted the first of the eight ribboned trees.

"One...two...three..."

She continued counting until she reached the last tree, where Jay is seen in the middle of the clearing covered in white powder on top of his gallant Raven. He wore a dark brown coat with black breeches and his hair tousled over his brows. Raven's hair however was styled, his mane and tail were braided and accented by small daisies. Lorelei could tell he felt handsome.

"Oh, Miss lori! Lovely to see you." Jay lifted himself off of the saddle to greet Lorelei.

"Hello Jay, have you been well?"

"I have, and yourself?"

"Likewise."

He holds his hand out to Lorelei, "Well miss Lori, shall we head out?"

She accepted and placed her hand in his, the warmth from his palm soothed her and left her feeling slightly empty when he let go.

"Hello Raven." she gently brushed her hand on his muzzle, "I have a little present for you."