Realization

Summary : Harry realizes what he feels towards Louis .

Enjoy x

~~

Louis was grinning as he approached Harry , cheeks pink with blush . In two weeks he would be starting his dog-training course , and Harry was taking him to a dog shelter to adopt his first puppy .

Harry was standing outside of the car , he opened the passenger's door for Louis , "Let's get going ."

Louis jumped into the seat and buckled his seatbelt on , Harry got in the driver's seat and pulled out of the parking spot , turning his head to Louis for a second as he put his seatbelt on before looking back to the road . "Are you excited ?"

"Very ." Louis nodded with the same grin , hands holding his sweater paws . "Been waiting for this moment for ages ."

"I know you have ." Harry stopped at a red light , turning to give Louis a light smile , "I'm happy for you ."

Louis reached his hand out , poking Harry's dimple gently , "I like that you have a dimple . Makes you less scary ."

"Are you scared of me ?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows .

"Well - ... I used to be . But not anymore ." Louis shook his head , "Back when we first met , y-you did some crazy things to those two guys . Not to mention that you trashed that club down . I-It scared me . But then I got to know you , and you're not that scary anymore . Maybe still a little bit ."

Harry frowned at the last sentence . "I don't want you to be scared of me ."

"But you want others to be ."

"I don't care about others ." Harry turned to look at him , then back at the road . 

Louis blushed slightly deeper . "I - I'm not really scared of you anymore ."

"But ... ?"

"B-But you still do things that scare me ." Louis looked down to his lap , then up out of the window . "You carry a gun everywhere you go , you can too easily break someone's nose , or bones , your voice gets really deep when you're angry ."

Harry shook his head , "I will never hurt you . No matter what happens , no matter how angry I am - I will never hurt you ."

"I - I know that . It's just scary to think about the fact that you're - capable of doing so ."

"Don't think about it , then ." Harry reached his hand out and gave his cheek a gentle pinch , "Now cheer up , we're about to get your first puppy .

~~

Harry opened the door for Louis , who thanked him quietly and walked into the reception . Harry walked in right after him , placing his large hand between his tiny shoulder blades to guide him towards the front desk .

The woman gave them a smile , "Good morning , Mr. Styles ."

"Good morning . We're here for the dog adoption ." Harry said , the woman nodded , "Yes , I was informed of your arrival . One of our shlter workers should be here any second now to show you to the puppy shelter ."