Cards

Summary : Harry , Liam and Zayn play cards games , betting money for fun . Louis wants to try , too .

*Bear in mind - I have zero knowledge in playing any type of cards games*

Enjoy x

~~

Harry took another sip of his scotch , his other hand holding his cards , cash sitting ontop of the table in front of him .

"Your turn ." Liam told Zayn , putting out the end of his cigar .

Zayn took a few moments to think before laying out one of his cards , Harry smirked and quickly laid out one of his own cards , leaning back in his seat , "Too easy , too fucking easy ."

The two rolled their eyes , Liam collected all of the cards and shuffled them , "I think I need a beer ."

"I'm getting myself one , I'll grab one for you too ." Zayn stood up from his seat and went over to the desk near them , grabbing two bottles and popping them open .

Harry turned his head to the entrace of the room when he heard footsteps , smiling when he saw Louis , "Hey baby ."

Louis smiled and walked over , waving at Liam and Zayn . Harry wrapped his arm around him , "How was your day ?"

"It was good , we got to make good progress with Apollo and Chess ." Louis brushed Harry's hair gently with his fingers , "What game are you playing ?" He turned his head to Liam , watching as he handed out cards .

"We kind of change the games along the way when we get bored ." Harry said , Zayn chuckled humorlessly , "You mean , when you get tired of taking all of our money with one game you move on to another so you wouldn't be bored ."

"Can I try ?" Louis asked , Harry pulled him into his lap , "Come here , be my lucky charm ." He wrapped his arms around his waist , Louis grabbed the cards and held them close to him , Harry hooked his chin on Louis' shoulders .

Zayn went first , then it was Louis' turn . Harry saw his hesitation , so he tapped on one of the cards , "I'd go for this one ."

Louis laid out the card Harry picked , smiling when Harry held him closer . He pouted at the card Liam put , Zayn smirked and laid out a card .

Harry helped him again , and that was how the game went ; Harry guiding Louis with picking cards , Zayn and Liam continued losing more money than Harry and Louis .

They ended their third round , Louis looked up when he heard Odin barking . "I'll be right back ." He said and left the room .

Harry waited until he was out of earshot , before turning to Liam and Zayn , "I'll give you each twenty grand for letting Louis win this round without my help ."

Zayn raised an eyebrow , turning to look at Liam - who had the same expression on .

"Thirty grand ." Harry upped the cost , Liam pursed his lips , "Fifty ."

"Fourty five ." Harry shook his head , "Don't fucking try me ."

"Fourty five ." Zayn nodded and held his hand out , Harry shook his hand . Liam shook his hand aswell , "Deal ."

"Fourty five grand each ." Zayn confirmed , Harry nodded , "Fourty five grand for each of you for letting Louis win this round , without my help ."

"Easiest money ever ." Liam chuckled and took the last swig of his beer .

Harry leaned back in his seat , arms crossed . He was about to open his mouth but Louis walked back into the room , "Sorry , I'm back ."

"Come here ." Harry held his arms open , Louis settled on his lap , "Are the cards shuffled ?"

"Yes ." Harry nodded , "How about you try alone this round ?"

"You - you think I should ?" Louis turned his head to look at him , Harry nodded , "Yes , you should try ."

"Ehm , okay ." Louis nodded , taking his cards from where Liam laid them face down on the table .

The round started , Harry watched the cards handed out to make sure Zayn and Liam were really letting Louis win - even though he had very little doubt they would , giving the cost he was willing to pay .

Louis' cute smile made him smile aswell , he nuzzled his neck and pressed soft kisses to his skin . Louis giggled quietly , "Stop ."

"What ?"

"It tickles ." Louis brought his shoulder up to his ear to cover his neck , Harry smirked , "What , this ?" He pressed his face to his neck again , Louis squirmed away as he giggled , "Stop , I'm trying to focus ."

Harry pulled back and pecked his cheek , watching as Louis laid out one of his cards .

And of course , Louis ended up winning that round . He had the biggest grin on his lips as he turned to sit sideways on Harry's lap , "I won !"

"Good job , baby ." Harry kissed him ; half of him felt bad - because he set it up for Louis to win , and half of his was happy - because seeing Louis being so happy about winning warmed his heart .

"Maybe you should play with us more often ." Liam suggested , Zayn nodded , "Yeah , sounds good to us ."

Louis bit his lower lip as he stood up from Harry's lap , "I- well ... it was fun , and I kind of won this round , but cards aren't my thing , I think ."

"It's alright , atleast you gave it a try ." Harry nodded and stood up , "Want to pick our dinner ?"

"I'll go to the kitchen to see what we have ." Louis nodded and waved goodbye to Zayn and Liam , the two said goodbye , waiting for him to be out of the room before turning to Harry .

Harry rolled his eyes and went over to the painting on the wall , he took it off to reveal a safe . He punched the code in and opened it , taking out stocks of cash and handing them to the two .

"Great doing business with you ." Liam smiled , Zayn elbowed him , "Don't push it before he regrets it ."

"Atleast one of you is smart ." Harry closed the safe and put the painting back on .

~~

Short but hope you liked it x

~Author