I'm Only Human , After All

Summary : Harry opens up to Louis about his fears and worries .

Enjoy x

~~

It was around two a.m , Louis and Harry were asleep in bed . Harry was laying on his side with Louis snuggled into his chest to stay warm ; it started snowing lightly the day before , only small droplets of snowflakes that weren't enough to pile up , yet enough for Louis to demand cuddles around the clock .

Harry's eyes snapped open , being pulled out of a dream ; a nightmare , more like . He usually never had dreams , but when he did - they were intense .

He felt his heart racing in his chest , blood boiling under his skin as he felt it rushing through his veins at lightning speed . He squeezed his arms around Louis subconsciously before he slowly moved away from the cuddle , laying Louis down with the blankets wrapped around him up to his chin .

He stood up from bed , heart still beating loudly and body boiling hot . He left the room and went downstairs , opened the sliding glass doors to the backyard and let the freezing cold air surround him .

"Fucking hell ." He mumbled as he breathed in through his nose , he stepped outside and kneeled on the freezing cold grass , palms pressed to the ground as he let his head hang between his shoulders . He wore nothing but short sleepwear pants , no shirt on , barefoot .

He kept replaying the nightmare in his head , blinking down at his hands as he kept reminding himself , just a dream , just a bad dream , it didn't happen , it was only a dream .

~~

Louis woke up to an empty bed , he huffed sleepily and looked around the room , frowning when he didn't see Harry anywhere . He sat up holding the blankets around himself for warmth , pouting sleepily and rubbing his eyes .

"Hazzie ?" He called out , voice rough with sleep . He stood up from bed and left the room , seeing lights turned on downstairs .

He followed the lights and shivered when he walked into the living room , where the sliding glass doors were wide open . He grabbed the soft comforter from the couch and wrapped it around his shoulders , stepping out to the backyard .

He frowned at the sight of Harry kneeling at the ground , hunched over as his shoulders rose and fell with each breath he took in and out .

Louis walked over to him and kneeled in front of him , "Hazzie what are you doing out here ?" He shivered as he moved closer , hands still holding the comforter as he put his hands to Harry's cheeks , "It's freezing cold , you're not dressed ."

Harry leaned his head forward and pressed his forehead to Louis' , "Go back inside baby , I'll be right there ."

"No , talk to me . Let's go back inside together , I won't leave you out here ." Louis shook his head and wrapped his arms around Harry's middle with the comforter , face pressed to his neck .

"I need to calm down , let me calm down . I need the cold ." Harry pressed his face to Louis' shoulder .

"I'll help you calm down . Hazzie please , let's go inside ." Louis tightened his arms around him .

Harry sighed as he moved his arms to wrap around Louis , as Louis started shivering more and more by the second . "Let's go , baby . Stand up ."

Louis pulled back and stood up , holding Harry's arms to make sure he was actually coming with him . Harry stood up with him and wrapped him in his arms , the two walked back into the mansion and closed the sliding doors behind them .

"Let's go make tea ." Louis pulled Harry along with him to the kitchen , he sat Harry down on one of the bar stools and draped the comforter over his shoulders , before going to make two tea mugs .

Harry watched him move around the kitchen , his small body and delicate features , his scent that carried after him every time he walked past him .

Louis brought the two mugs to the island counter and placed them down carefully , sitting down on the bar stool next to Harry .

"Talk to me ?"

Harry took one of Louis' hands and cradled it with both his large hands , he pressed a few gentle kisses to his knuckles . "Just had this ... this dream . Nightmare . It was intense , I needed to calm myself down ."

Louis nodded and gave Harry's hand a squeeze . "What was it about ?" He asked quietly . He saw Harry's eyes darkening as he stared forward blankly for a few seconds , making Louis frown , "You don't have to tell me if it's too much ." He assured him in a whisper .

"It was about you ." Harry said , stuck in a blank stare at a random spot on Louis' sweater . "There was an operation . Something went wrong . You died , in my arms . There was too much blood and nothing that I could do ."

Louis' frown deepened , he stood up from the stool and wrapped his arms around Harry's shoulders . "It was just a bad dream , Hazzie . I'm all okay , I'm here with you ."

Harry wrapped his arms tightly around Louis' waist and squeezed him close , face burying in his neck . "My biggest nightmare is losing you . I cannot see myself the same without you . I need you in my life , I need you to stay . I almost hate how much I rely on you being there , it's insane to me . At the same time I love it , I love you , I can't picture life without you .

Louis lifted his head up to look at him , arms still around him . "I'm here to stay , Hazzie , for as long as you'll have me ."

"Forever . You're staying forever ." Harry nodded , his words were more of a reassurance for himself , a vow to himself that he would do anything to keep Louis in his life . But then he shook his head , "Knowing that there are things out of my control that can take you out of my life is fucking scary to me , baby . I lost a lot of people through the years , be it my family , my guards , friends , just people living here , citizens who died because of the corruption that took over . The thought of losing you to that corruption is -- terrifying ."

Louis listened silently as he carded his fingers through Harry's hair , rubbing his fingertips on Harry's scalp behind his ears .

"I hate knowing there's always a possibility that you'll get hurt . That something will happen to you . I fucking hate knowing that I could fail in keeping you safe . I fucking hate thinking that maybe one day , one day you'll realize this is too much for you and just walk away , and never return ."

Louis hugged him again , squeezing his shoulders tightly . "I'm here to stay Hazzie . I -- I don't know what to do to make you believe me . You'll just have to trust me , take my word for it . I'm not going anywhere , I'm staying here with you ."

Harry buried his nose in Louis' neck and breathed in , nodding his head a bit , "I believe you . I love you baby ."

"I love you ." Louis pulled Harry's head up from his neck and kissed him softly , Harry melted against him and allowed himself to relax . He chased Louis' lips when he pulled away , making Louis smile and kiss him once more quickly .

"I made you tea ." Louis nodded his head to the mug sitting on the counter , Harry blinked at Louis , "Do I look like I'd rather drink tea than kiss you ?"

Louis giggled a bit as Harry pulled him back in and kissed him , he held Harry's cheeks and let him kiss away until he was satisfied .

~~

Hope you liked it x

~Author