Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 46. The Halloween Party

(46)

THE HALLOWEEN PARTY

"You look spectacular."

"I feel spectacular," I answer with a big smile on my face, as I look at myself in the mirror. I'm the type of person who sometimes feels pretty, sometimes average and sometimes just awful; it's so strange, it's like I have no exact concept of what I look like, and it doesn't help that beauty can be so subjective.

"I must say, that costume is the best decision you've made in a while," Dani continues, outlining her eyebrows in front of the small mirror in her hands.

We're getting ready to go out tonight for Halloween. Gregory invited me that night at the club, but I still waited for Ares to invite me himself. It wasn't hard to choose my costume. Tonight I would be a witch, my costume consists of a strapless black dress, tight at the top but loose from the waist down, reaching to the middle of my thighs, a necklace with a red pendant, black gloves, long boots of the same color and, of course, a big hat.

Dani has taken care of my makeup, dark eyeshadows, strong black eyeliner and red ;i[stick. I feel super sexy. My best friend - who I had to convince to go with me - decided on a wicked kitty costume, ears and all.

"I can't believe I'm going with you," she mutters, getting up.

"Ares told me to bring you," It's true, Ares told me to take Dani, that it was a group outing and that it would be fair to have one of my friends with me. "Besides, Apolo will be there for sure."

"What does it matter if he's there?"

I sigh, I know Dani doesn't like to admit her weaknesses or If a boy affects her.

"You don't have to lie to me. I know you're hurt."

"Pfff," she snorts, "please, he and I had nothing."

"But you were just starting something when he suddenly stopped texting you," I commented. "And that's driving you crazy; you're not used to a guy getting away from you".

"I don't know what you're talking about; a lot of guys have got away from me."

"Oh, yeah? Like who? Let's see."

She turns her back to me to touch up her makeup.

"I don't remember a specific name right now, but..."

"But nothing," I interrupt her, "We're going to go, you're going to have fun, and if he talks to you, you ask him directly why he changed, period. That's the Dani I know."

"Okay," she replies reluctantly. "All right, no promises."

I walk up to her and pinch her cheeks.

"Now smile, pretty kitty."

Ares sends me a message telling me he's already here, and I ask him to give us a few minutes. So he tells me he's going to get out of the car and smoke a cigarette with Marco outside while they wait.

I am very nervous, I don't know how he will react when he sees me in my costume, I want to surprise him. The past two weeks have been great for both of us, Ares has been super nice and we have gone out several times, finally having the expected dates. However, the sexual tension between us has grown to otherworldly levels. To tell you the truth, I don't know how I have put up with so much.

We get out of the house and the first guy I see is Marco in a cop costume, although I can't deny that he looks great. Ares comes out of the back of the car and I stop breathing for two reasons: one, he looks ridiculously sexy, and two, his costume is a Greek god. He's wearing some sort of white robe that reveals his defined arms, with a golden ribbon across his chest and a crown over his messy black hair helplessly; this is too much for my poor soul.