Wattpad Original

Original Edition: 61. The Trip

RAQUEL

Run...

Shit. Shit.

Barking behind us.

Oh, shit.

I should have exercised. Why am I so out of shape?

Because you don't exercise, you idiot, you just said so.

In the distance I can see Ares' silhouette. Marco passes me by, like the flash. Once again, I hate soccer players.

My heart is about to burst out of my chest, Dani also catches up with me.

"Run, Raquel, run!"

"I'm not...," I run out of air. "Forrest Gump!"

Dani smiles at me.

"I know, but I always wanted to say that. Seriously, run!," she walks away, in a hurry, I give her the finger.

"What the fuck do you think I've been doing?"

Samy, Apolo and Joshua also pass me. Oh, no, them too. I am officially the last one.

I'm about to panic when I see Ares come back for me, and grab my hand to literally pull me behind him. The dogs are barking loudly behind me, I don't even dare to look.

How did we end up being chased by four dogs?

Let's just say because of alcohol and bad decisions, emphasis on bad decisions.

I had the bright idea to celebrate even more when the party at Ares' house was over. MY idea was to drink at my house, listen to music, but, of course, that wasn't enough. Dani, the one I call my best friend, came up with the wonderful idea to show us an infamous lake she found last week while jogging or whatever. So, obviously, all of us with alcohol on the brain functioning as bravery let her bring us to it. But what Dani didn't know is that the lake has not been open to the public because it is basically NOT for the public, but is private property, part of a ranch guarded by dogs.

And that's how we ended up running for our lives.

With Ares' help, I jump the fence (which should have warned us to the fact that it wasn't public at first) and we leave the dogs on the other side. I fall to my knees dramatically, my heart pounding in my ears, in my head, everywhere.

"I'm..." heavy breath, "going to die."

Ares, Marco and Apolo look like they haven't just run for their lives, they're not even sweaty. To my consolation, Dani and Samy are a few steps away from me, grunting and breathing just as heavy as I am. And Joshua, well, let's just say Joshua is not in his best moment. Samy can barely speak.

"I'm going to kill you, Daniela."

Dani raises her hand.

"I..."

Joshua enlightens us with his commentary.

"That was... unbelievable!"

We all give him a "but what the fuck..." look. Joshua runs his hand over his face.

"It was like a video game, live play, the adrenaline, wow."

Okay, there's a chance that some of us are still very drunk. Dani laughs out of nowhere, out loud.

Scratch the possibility; we're all still drunk. Joshua's sweet eyes fall on me.

"And I have to say, if this we were a video game, you'd be so dead, Raquel. I would never choose your character to play."