9. The party

If you guys like my book, please don't forget to vote and comment!

If any grammar error, let me know.

____________________

Monday. The dreaded day when people around the world sluggishly drag themselves out of bed with no excited anticipation for the day ahead. My mood on this particular day was worse than that of the average person though, because 1.) I had a horrible boss who had no consideration for anyone but himself, and 2.) I was expected to attend a business party with said boss.

I received a text message from my boss, Mr. Agrawal a.k.a Mr. Lamborghini, as I rushed out of my house in a panicked frenzy (nothing unusual there), it read:

Today's business party at 10:00 PM. Be there.

-Agrawal.

I stared at the text and snorted, be there? Really? No good morning or please? The text was an sign that work was going to be just as stressful as any other day.

---

I stared at my reflection in the mirror and gasped in mock surprise, "Looking good girl." I said as I winked at myself.

My outfit for the business party, a dark blue formal dress that stopped an inch above my knees and a pair of black pencil heels that made my legs seem to go on forever had pulled together quite nicely. I fluffed my curled brown locks, "You need some lipstick on those lips!" I said to myself as I twirled one last time before going to my vanity desk and applying a touch of dark red lipstick to my thin lips.

The party was sure to be attended by many important and influential people and I sure wasn't going to give Mr. Lamborghini something to scream at me about.

After putting the finishing touches on my make-up and posing a few more times in front of the mirror. I filled my black clutch with a few essentials and grabbed the keys to my Porsche. I glanced at the clock as I pulled out of my driveway and gasped, it was already 10:00. Oh, well it's a party there's bound to be more than a few late people.

---

"Excuse me, what room is the business party for Freeman Inc. being held in?"

The front desk attendant, a man in his early thirties smiled and gestured down the long hallway, "Ballroom number 3 ma'am."

I thanked him and quickly made my way down the lavishly decorated hallways of the hotel and to ballroom number 3. I could hear the sounds of the party spilling out of the closed doors long before I reached the room.

A wave of hot air hit me as I entered the darkly lit room and I gasped at the scene unfolding before me. Men and women waltzed and fox-trotted across the dance floor to relaxing classical tunes, waiters rushed about the room carrying trays filled with cheese, crackers and of course the most expensive alcoholic drinks money could buy. Women stood in tight circles around tall table clothed cafe tables chatting about god knows what.

The whole scene gave off a delicate sophisticated aura and I was tempted to tip-toe around the edges of the room in fear of breaking something.

I felt a tug on my wrist as someone lead me through the crowded room and too a small secluded area I tried to pull my hand out of the persons grip, but they were too strong. My heart beat wildly in my chest, was I going to be murdered? The music was so loud that no one would hear my screams.

"You look like you saw a ghost."

I breathed out a sigh of relief, it was Rey!

"You scared me! I thought someone was going to murder me or something."