10. What?

I lay in Rey’s arms for what felt like forever, when I felt him shift his body so that he was now standing over me. I cracked my eyes open to get a glance at his face, but even that simple movement seemed like too much so I closed them again.

I felt Rey press his body into mine and run his large soft hands through my now limp curls, I drew in a breath as I realized how close his lips where to mine. I involuntarily moistened my chapped lips with my tongue, was he going to kiss me? Or more importantly did I want him to kiss me? Perhaps it was the alcohol or something else that made me decide that I would welcome a kiss from my more than a co-worker, but less of a boyfriend friend. 

We were inches away from each other when I felt a hand grasp my wrist and yank me from the counter chair I was perched upon. I looked up only to see that it was none other than Mr. Agrawal himself, 

“We need to leave.” He said to Rey as he roughly led me away from the bar counter and through the slightly less crowded dance floor of the ball room. I wanted to ask him what he meant by, we, but I was much too tired to even walk straight, nonetheless talk, so I let my beast of a boss drag me to wherever. 

----

I let out a groan of pain as I sat up in my bed, my eyes felt like someone had poured molten iron into them and I was sure that my head would explode at any moment if I didn’t lay straight back down. So I fell back into the soft, fluffy pillows of my bed and buried my body underneath the thick layers of blankets without even cracking my eyes open.

Then the door opened with a loud, annoying screech of the un-oiled door hinges and I bolted back up from my resting place, my eyes flying open to see who had dared to wake me from my peaceful slumber. When I did however, I noticed that I wasn’t in my bed, in fact, I wasn’t even in my house! My eyes darted about the room searching for something familiar a pikachu watch, a dirty piece of clothing strewed across a dusty rocking chair- something that would let me know that I was safe. 

But, I found nothing and my fears only grew as I tried desperately to remember what had happened the night before, I couldn’t remember anything. The latest memory I had, was entering the hotel to attend Mr. Agrawal’s business party. Oh god, what if he kidnapped me?! He did say that he would punish me severely if I stepped out of place. What if he was keeping true to his promise? 

“Morning!” My train of thought came to an abrupt stop, at the sound of a familiar voice. 

“Rina!” I let out a loud sigh of relief at the sight of Rina’s cheerful face, maybe I was safe after all. 

“About time you woke up sleepy head! I was beginning to worry that you were sick.” Rina set down a large tray filled with fruits, juice, toast, milk and yummy looking scrambled eggs on the nightstand and yanked the blankets off of me.

“C’mon hurry up and eat your breakfast so that we can get going. we’re already behind schedule.” Rina said as she shoved a fork into my hand and proceeded to scurry across the room to fetch a cute little bag.

“What do you mean? Where are we going?” I asked as I swallowed a mouthful of the scrambled eggs. 

Rina stopped and stared at me her eyes growing wide, “You don’t know! Did Mr. Agrawal not tell you?” 

I shook my head in confusion, this was starting to get weird. What was going on? 

Rina sighed and ran her slender fingers through her hair, “Mr. Agrawal is going on a business trip to London,” Rina paused for a moment, as if debating on whether or not to tell me, before going on, “And as his P.A you will be accompanying him.” 

The fork slipped from my hands and clattered to the ground, “What! I never said that I wanted to go to London, at least with that, that-” 

Rina held up a hand to stop me, “You have no choice in the matter, it clearly states in your contract that you must accompany your client on all official trips in and outside of the country.” I opened my mouth to argue, but Rina held up her hand again to stop me, “You have to be at the airport in exactly one hour and you're not even dressed yet. Save the arguing for Mr. Agrawal….I had nothing to do with this.” 

I was taken aback by Rina’s no nonsense tone, but I guess she was right, it wasn’t her fault that I was being dragged halfway across the world.

“Okay. But, why are we going on this trip? And who's all coming? How many days will it last?” The questions flew out of my mouth, one after the other. 

Rina answered the questions in the order that I had asked them, “Our company is meeting with three other international companies for some reason that I don’t know, you and Agrawal and you’ll be gone for three days if all goes well.” 

I nodded my head in understanding and ate my breakfast all while silently watching Rina scurry around the room and collect stuff into large pink suitcases. I cleared all the food from the tray and was broadly playing around with my hair when Rina looked up and saw me sitting there idly and threw a dress, a pair of shoes and a toiletries bag at me, “Go get dressed!” 

----

I cursed Rina’s fashion consciousness as I emerged from the bathroom feeling much fresher, the dress Rina had picked was fashionable, but a size too small, so instead of looking like a hot-shot model I looked like a baby hippo stuffed into a dress. 

When I emerged Rina had finished packing all the suitcases and was piling them by the door for a man, whom I assumed was a butler, to take them outside. The presence of the man brought my mind back to the question of my place. 

“Hey Rina, where are we?” 

Rina looked up from her clipboard, “Mr. Agrawal’s house.” 

My mouth fell open, I had spent the night at my bosses house? “But, why am I-”

Rina stopped me for what the third time today, “You can ask Mr. Agrawal that. He’s downstairs.” 

Rina looked really stressed, Mr, Agrawal was really working her too hard. I decided that it would be best to go downstairs and ask Mr. Agrawal about last night. So I gave Rina my goodbyes and began my descent down the large staircase that lead to the bottom floor.

I ran my hands along the cool wall, which was painted a dark shade of black to match the stark white marble flooring of the house. Paintings that must have cost thousands of dollars hung from the wall and there was a small potted plant sitting on a table at the end of each table. The house was luxurious, yet it lacked a homely feeling. It was spotless, too immaculate, there were no pictures of family members, no scuffed furniture, no  tell-tale signs that someone even lived in it. 

I finally reached the end of the hall and was about to turn back around when I noticed a familiar suit laying over a chair, it was the suit the Mr. Agrawal had worn just the night before. I entered the room and ran my hands over the wrinkled shirt and crumpled up suit jacket, I wondered how the wrinkles had gotten there. 

“Ahem,” 

I jumped at the sound of Mr. Agrawal clearing his throat behind me and quickly spun around to face him. 

“You’d better not have stolen anything out of my pockets.” 

I furrowed my brows together in anger, was he really going to start this early in the morning? 

I decided not to humor him with my temper, “No, I’m not a thief. I was just wondering why the suit was laying on the chair.” 

Mr. Agrawal moved from the doorway and into the room.  “You wouldn’t let go of me until late last night,” A smirk played on his lips, “Did you forget already?”

I groaned internally, why did I have to get so drunk in front of this guy?! 

I ignored his comment, “Why didn’t you take me home?” 

He rolled his eyes, “How am I supposed to know where you live?” 

He did have a valid point, “Where’s my car?”

The smirk grew wider on his face, “It’s somewhere safe.”