52. The Old House

Warning:-unedited

___

The night flew by with the same nightmare haunting me. It was my mistake I should have saved Dad. He is no more all because of me. They took Krystal away. That night shattered everything.

I was being told that that very night I was found by the police in the woods. Then was in the hospital for a few days. After that day I had been living with my uncle. Uncle told me that the goons ran away before the police could catch them. But they somehow manned to take Krystal away.

Police tried to look for Krystal but were of no use. Nothing we didn't come to know anything about her.
...

The day came which I never wished to face. That night was wrapped around my brain. It felt like yesterday when my dad was being pushed down the bungalow, being murdered and my sister was taken away and I was running like a coward or was standing helpless when my dad has been pushed off in front of me and Krystal was taken away.

I was standing in front of my 3 store bungalow. It was scary at night, was that huge. Dad used to say that we use to stay in a joint family like 50 of our family members plus servants. I never knew how many rooms were there in my bungalow. It was beautiful through all the ancient carving done all over the pillars and walls.

I walked firstly into my sister Krystal's room. She always looked stunning. Before she gets out of her room she made sure she looked stunning. She never liked to live in this small village. She used to stay in a hostel in town.

'She tried her best to be a badass, didn't she?' I taught looking around her room. After 10 years I was back here but her room felt like it's the same as I saw yesterday. I can still hear her ordering stuff to me as I was smaller than her. I giggled.

Her room was full of posters of different bands which were popular at that time. She even had to pierce against dad's will and dyed her hair in different colors still unknown to human. I giggled seeing her photographs. After mom's death, she turned from nerd to badass.

Dad tried his best to help her. But maybe she missed mom a lot. She used to stay depressed and mostly used to create a scene with some maid. Though I missed her a lot. I wished that I could go 10 years back and make everything all right.

I took a big suitcase and started packing all of her stuff.

"Madam, you don't have to do this. It's our job." A maid said.

"It's okay I want to do this. You can go." I ordered her. She bowed and left. Still, there were many maids in the house to take care of this place. I wondered why there were such haunting Rumors around about my bungalow.

...

After packing all the memories and important stuff in 4 big suitcases I ordered a maid to ask a transport service to get all the suitcases and other paintings, wall pieces, family photos lying around.

Walking towards mom and dad's room was the most difficult part and horrifying. A lane of memories came flooding in my brain. It was like each and every corner had certain memories.

My hiding behind the vase, secretly going into mom and dad's room and wearing their clothes and roaming around. Even using mom's expensive cosmetic and jewelry. On Sundays entire family along with maids use to chase me and make me drink milk.

Stealing cookies and chocolates and eating them in the bathroom, While playing hide and seek hiding in my secret spot which no one knew. There were mix emotions running through me I wanted to laugh remembering all those sweet memories and even wanted to cry remembering all those horrifying memories.

I walked into mom and dad's room. I don't know but it still smelled like dad. Dad never laughed after mom passed away. Dad lived for me and Krystal we were his life. He is a Chief of the police department was always busy but somehow managed time for us.

I opened mom and dad's wardrobe. It defined perfection. Always neat and clean the way my mom and dad liked. I always wondered why I was so messy when they were so perfect and clean.

I did the same to there room packed all the clothes. They were all so olden but reminded me of all those earlier days. Many antique guns were still hanging on my mom and dad's room wall. It was dad's hobby to collect unique and rare guns, bullets and a knife.

...

After crying and smiling on all the memories and packing all the stuff from my mom and dad's room I was done.

"Listen.," I told to the maid who was following me maybe to make sure I don't need anything.

"Yes..." She said bowing.

"I am done and the stuff from other rooms... Umm... Sell it... " I told her "understood?" I reassured that she got what I said. She nodded still bowing. It was my uncle's favor that he was paying and letting the workers, maids, cooks stay in this house.

I really didn't want any money I got from this house 'I would ask uncle to take care of it. ' I taught.

"Um... Your Room?" The maid asked hesitantly. Why were they afraid!? I wondered. I gave her a confused look.

"Um... One of your mom's trustworthy maid have looked after your room all these years and no one is allowed to go into that room till date." She said looking everywhere but at me. "We won't be able to see things in that room." She continued looking at the ground.

"Why so?" I asked, "Call her I want to talk to her." I ordered.

"Yes...." With that, she left and I waited for her. Every single minute in this house was getting harder and harder.

Minutes later an old maid came and bowed.

"You called? Majesty." She asked.

"What's with my room?" I asked her.

"I assure you it's clean, I cleaned it personally." She said. She looked like the head of the cleaning department.

"No why is it locked?" I asked.

"Your mom wouldn't have liked me giving you it's answer." She said. "Your mom left something behind for you." She continued. 

I gave her a confused look.

"Please come." She showed me the way towards my room. I nodded and followed her.

"Go.." She ordered the maid who was following me from the time I entered the house.

I know it sounds weird but I was curious to know what's in my room? and why didn't my mom gave me earlier what she left behind for me?

But the most shocking one was "why weren't anyone allowed to entire my room?"

______

What do you guys think??? Do comment and share this book. It would mean a lot.. =)

Vote!! Comment!!
- D.love