34. Jake

This book is a first draft and needs major major editing..
_______

I saw him walking in his office and talking on the phone all in a business-like manner. I looked around in search of Abby but she was no where to be seen so I assumed she left. Mr.Agrawal nodded at me and resumed talking on his phone.

I waited for few minutes for him to finish with the phone call.

"Yes?" He asked me.

"What to do with Jake?" I asked him.

"Yeah.." He said as if in deep thoughts.

"Send him in my office." He said blankly.

"Okay. And sir its over time, can I complete the report by tomorrow." I asked hoping for positive response.

"That's not my problem. Tomorrow is a public holiday and day after tomorrow our company's architectures will be going for the visit on the ongoing projects. And if Johnson's progress report is not ready then it will be difficult." He said surprisingly nicely.

"Yes Sir, I will get working on it." I said with a groan and walked in my room.

I really wanted to ask him about Jake but I decided to keep it professional. Last time when I tried to know about his personal life was really bad. I glanced at my watch, it was already 8:30 p.m. My work hours ends at 6:00 p.m. I guess me and Mr.Agrawal will be the only one left except the watchman. I started working on the reports.

...

It was now around 10:00 and I was finally done with the reports. I knocked on Mr.Agrawal's office to give him the reports. After hearing a 'Come in' I went inside. I saw Mr.Agrawal busy having a video conference with David.

Due to time difference few meetings were held at night. This must be really tiring I thought. He signalled me to come closer. I gave him the report file and then he signaled me to leave still talking to Mr.David.

Finally I thought. I have never worked this late. At night this huge office complex looks like it's haunted. I took my bag and dashed for elevator. I prayed that the elevator wouldn't stop like it does in horror movies.

As soon as the elevator opened on the ground floor I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and rushed towards the parking lot. Even Rey had left . Guards were no where around, everything felt like some kind of horror movie. The entire parking lot was almost empty.

I rushed towards my car and drove really fast in the direction of my home. Within few minutes I was at home. I took my bag from the passenger seat placing it on my shoulder and in the process my watch got stuck with my locket.

I switched on the light inside the car and untangled my watch from the locket and suddenly my eyes went to the back seat. I was shocked to see Jake sleeping peacefully hugging Liz. If anyone would have be at my place they would find it really cute.

I panicked how could I forget about him. He was so silent earlier that I completely forgot about him.But he was supposed to be with Mr. Agrawal in his office, what was he doing in my car. How did he get in?

This kid really had guts.Where I was afraid to even stand in that empty parking lot he was sleeping peacefully. I didn't want to wake him up as he seemed to be in a deep slumber. I reached for my cell in my purse and called the one and only Mr. Agrawal.

And as expected the call went into voice mail. He was still in meeting. I decided to leave him a text informing Jake's with me. Then I went to wake Jake up so that he could sleep inside or something.

I opened the door and as soon as I touched him I realized he was wet, my entire back seat was wet. I groaned, my car. I touched his shoulder to wake him up but it seemed like he was a heavy sleeper. I touched his head and flinched.

'God! He was sick.' His temperature was really high. Now I was really worried about him. I started to panic. I tried calling on Mr.Agrawal's phone again but still he was not answering . Finally I decided to take Jake inside. But he had bone weight and was difficult for me to carry him inside.

I will have to do something really fast. I decided to take him to the hospital but then again I was not his parent and didn't even know anything about him.

I called on Mr.Agrawal's office telephone number then I called on his personal mobile number. This time he hung up. Twice he had hung up on me. Third time I heard a very angry voice.

"Stop calling me. Don't you know I am busy." He said and by his tone I knew he was about to hang up.

"Jake, Jake he is really sick." I said in a hurry.

"What?" He asked.

"I don't know how he ended up in my car. But right now he is sweating profusely and really sick, in my car outside my house." I said worriedly.

"I'll be there." With that he hung up again.

________

Vote!! Comment!!

- D.love