14. Meeting.

Mr. Agrawal snorted at the mans proclamation as they embraced each other in what I took as the male version of a hug, "You wish Johnson, you wish." 

Johnson chuckled in amusement, "I try Agrawal." 

Mr. Agrawal seemed to lose all his usual tense energy around Johnson and it was apparent that they had been friends for a long time by the way they joked around with each other.

"And who's this pretty little lady?" Johnson asked as he noticed me entering the room. 

"Oh her, that's Kiara, my P.A" Mr. Agrawal said as he took a seat at the long board table which sat in the middle of the room. 

Johnson extended his hand to me, "Pleasure to meet you Kiara."I stared at his hand in shock, no one amongst all the business people I'd met had ever glanced at me twice much less acknowledge my presence,

Johnson frowned, "Not to happy about being here?" 

 I snapped out of my thoughts and hastily shook his hand,  "Oh no sir, the pleasure is all mine." 

"Glad to hear that!" Johnson moved to go take a seat at the head of the table and gestured for me to sit as well. 

"So how has London treated you so far?" 

A small smile spread across Mr. Agrawal's face, "You should know better than anyone that I don't take two steps outside of my hotel room, much less sightsee." 

That was true, we had been in London for almost a day now and we hadn't stepped foot outside our hotel rooms until this morning. 

"I'd hoped that you're lovely P.A would drag you out to explore the wonders of our great city." 

I laughed at that, I couldn't force Agrawal to give me a day off, much less force him to go sightseeing with me. 

Johnson glanced at me his eyes twinkling in amusement, "It seems that your P.A  knows something that I don't." 

Agrawal glared at me and Johnson in annoyance, "I have sense enough not to spend my hard-earned money on 'sightseeing' I can see all that I want from my hotel window."I caught Johnson's eye and we both burst out into a fit of giggles at Agrawal's prudish comment, he spoke like a miserly old man. 

"If only we all were as smart as you Agrawal!" Johnsons comment only sent us both into another fit of laughter. 

Agrawal stared at us blankly, his mouth set in a childlike pout. 

 "The rest of the business party has arrived sir." Laila's announcement put an end to our antics and we all stood to greet the three representatives. 

—-

"In conclusion, our firm believes that green building materials paired with the latest in construction equipment will not only contribute to employee comfortability but also in making sure that we do our part in keeping the earth clean and healthy for generations to come. Thank you." 

I clapped along with everyone else at the end of the representatives presentation and scribbled a few last-minute notes into the margins of Mr. Agrawals speech notes before handing them to him. The other companies/ firms had come up with amazing plans that would help Johnson & Co succeed financially and draw in more clients with the good publicity of being a green company. We were definitely getting a run for our money.

The representative let out a sigh of relief as he took his seat, which was right next to mine, "That was nerve-wrecking." 

I smiled, "No kidding. You did great though." 

"Thanks. I'm Andrew by the way, Andrew Young." 

"Kiara." 

Our pleasantries were cut short by the beginning of Mr. Agrawals presentation, "What do you think of when you hear the word construction?" 

All eyes were on Mr. Agrawal , he was a roaring fire and we were all moths attracted to his confidant sure demeanor. He held us all in his hands like clay, moulding our thoughts with vivid detail and description, making us all want to agree to anything and everything. 

"And that ladies and gentlemen is the vision Freedom inc. has for this project."The end of Mr. Agrawal's presentation was met with wild applause everyone had been enthralled by the cutting edge design we had in plan for Johnson & Co. but they were also impressed by our extremely capable CEO. 

Johnson and Laila retreated back to their office to discuss the presentations and ultimately chose a company for the contract Leaving us all to mingle amongst each other. 

Everyone surrounded Mr. Agrawal instantaneously, "God, that was an amazing presentation!" 

 "Where did you say you're located again?"I stood by and watched as Mr. Agrawal was hounded by the representatives. He glanced over to me in a break in conversation and smiled. His eyes said it all, we made a pretty good team. 

Johnson and Laila strolled back into the room and a hush fell over everyone as we waited tensely for the results of the presentations. 

Johnson cleared his throat, "Everyone one of you gave excellent presentations and came up with creative and innovativeplans, unfortunately we can only chose one company to give the contract too. So without any further a do put your hands together for Freedom inc."