33. Bad day (2)

A big thanks to  prashk04  and @_eleutheromaniac_ for editing help.
________

I groaned. I really don't want to deal with the kids. But anyways for the sake of my job I asked the little gang to sit in my cabin.

"So kids one by one tell me your parent's number, Okay?" I asked them as sweetly as I could.

I swear I saw a smirk on their faces. I hoped everything went well. I am really short tempered around spoiled kids. I took a deep breath and settled on my chair and grabbed the office telephone. I looked towards the first one.

"So what's your parent's number ?" I asked him. I really hoped they all knew their parent's numbers.

"Not this easily. First promise me that you will convince all of their parents to not shout at them and that whatever happened at school was all done by me, they just got blamed." Jake said to me.

"And why would I do that?" I asked him.

"Seems like you don't want their parent's number." He said with a smirk "Till the time I know Agrawal will be angry that you are not doing what's been asked."

"Ugh.. So you are blackmailing now huh?" I said.

"I never said that." was his reply.

"And why will their parents believe me?" I asked Jake pointing towards his gang.

"Tell them you are my i.e. Jake's mom." He said as if it was the most obvious answer. This kid for sure was really smart.

"But if your mom will find out what I did then?" I asked him.

"Trust me when I say she doesn't care." He replied.

"Okay, fine.. Now tell me your parent's number one by one or even residence number, anything will do." I said pointing towards Jake's little gang.

...

I swear in my entire life I have never said sorry these many times. I already called three of their parents and when I told I am Jake's mother talking, I heard a lot of 'tell your child to stay away from my kid.' 'He is a bad influence for my child.'

I apologized for every mistake he had ever done. Now it was the time for the fourth one.

...

"What do you mean you are confused between 6 and 9." I asked that kid. He was the one in white jersey.

"Ya they look similar." Was his genius answer.

"God!! But they are pronounced differently." I said to him.

"I am bad with numbers okay." He said looking at the floor. I swear I would have left this job by now if it wasn't this highly payable.
It was the highest paid job I have ever worked for.

I asked their school's name and searched it on Google. As it was an international school it was easy to find. I called on the provided number on the school's website.

I explained the school that I wanted a kid's number because he lost his way home and after convincing them for 15 min I found the White Jersey one's contact number whose name was Henry.

After getting his parent's number I called it but the line was busy. I tried few more times, but it was still busy. I groaned.

"We are hungry." Jake told me.

"Even I am. I didn't even get the chance to drink my hot chocolate." I murmured more to myself. I heard him groan.

"Fine I will ask someone to bring you all something to eat." I told him.

"Burgers, fries and coke will do." Jake informed me.

"You aren't on a picnic." I glared at him.

I called Rina and asked her to tell the canteen staff to bring food for these kids in my cabin.

I tried to call Henry's parents again after few more times finally his parent picked my call. His mother was the most difficult to talk with.

Listening to her complain about Jake and apologizing for Jake's mistake and trying to convince her that her son was innocent took about 30 minutes.

"What about you Jake? Your mom?" I asked him.

"You." He said.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Just now you said to each of my friend's parents that you are my mom." He answered smirking.

"Who is your mother?" I asked him even though deep down I knew that maybe I know who his mother was.

"You don't need to inform her.. She already knows." he said.

His answer really surprised me. He acted as if he was an adult. I stayed quite.In sometime their burgers and other junk food arrived and they ate and laughed, carefree and enjoying themselves as if nothing had happened.

I heard them talking about random guys in their school. I called Rob and asked him to pick them up and escort them safely to their respective home.

Within 15 minutes Rob was standing in my cabin. I gave him the addresses of all four kids which I got from their parents. Rob was also not very happy to work overtime and that too babysitting.

It was some minutes past 8:00. I have never been this late working in the office. I was working overtime even after Mr.Agrawal was back.

I thought it would be difficult to babysit Jake but he was sitting quietly with his football in his hand and his head resting on the football. I had a feeling that something about him was wrong. I never saw him laugh, infact I have heard kids smile more than a normal adult.

He didn't talk much either and that was a good thing. I then decided to ask Mr.Agrawal about what to do with Jake.

I knocked on his cabin's door and after few seconds a voice asked me to come in. 

_________

What do you think about the chapter??

VOTE!!! COMMENT!!!

- D.love