51. The village

Warning:-unedited
______

Still, his scent was all over me. I inhaled deeply with a small smile I was staring at the ceiling of the room.
....

After the sleepless night, I got a text from cola cab. It was 6:00 in the morning and the cab was already waiting for me down. I got up and groaned I was still in my sports bra, hoodie, and track. I ran my figures through my hair and zipping up my hoodie.

I wrote a note for Mr. Agrawal.

'You told me that you will respect my decision. So Right now I need a break from all this, don't look for me, I will be safe. Will let you know about my decision regarding the job within 2 days. =)'

I kept the note on the bedside table with the room keys on top and then left the room unlocked. I didn't want to face Mr. Agrawal as I knew I will be weak in making a decision in front of him. Even I didn't want to be in a place where he can find me.

I texted Uncle that I will be staying in the small and the only hotel outside our village tonight and to meet me there. Then I threw the Sim card from my phone so that Mr. Agrawal doesn't come to know about my location by tracking. There was a yellow and black cab parked in front of the hotel. I sat in the back seat and instructed the driver to move. There was a paper bag laying on the back seat.

"What is this?" I asked the driver showing him the bag. He saw the bag from the rear view mirror.

"Mr. John asked me to give it to you." The driver informed.

"Ohh.." I murmured and opened the bag. There were 2 Indian dresses in there with a note on top of it.

'Don't you dare enter that village wearing inappropriate clothes. We are still the Royals there.
-your Uncle.'

I groaned how can I forget we were the royals there. My ancestors used to rule our small village. My Dad was the chief of the police department and the village, later on, was looked after by Sarpanch (elected head of the department by the villagers)

Till date, we had an image which has been built by our ancestors. We were among 'THE ROYAL'S'

I badly needed sleeping pills. I groaned and sinking into the back seat. I closed my eyes and plugged in my Headset. I only had 30℅ of the battery left.

...

As soon as I reached the village I started to feel nausea. I wanted to run away from this place already. At that moment I was even ready to face Mr. Agrawal and Rey.

The village's familiar smell, the cold breeze everything was known. I really didn't want to see my bungalow right now. Not at least today. My head was blasting and tummy growling.

Soon the cab parked near the hotel. I sighed finally I was here. It was 5:00 in the evening. On the way, I just had a packet of chips.

This hotel was an average kind. Beautiful cottages were around. It had a traditional touch. I went in and I was sure uncle John must have done the reservation. I went to the receptionist's desk and asked the Lady who was in a formal saree about the room reservation under the name Mr. John.

She handed me the keys and asked some cleaner to show me the room. The room was quite decent. It was clean and smelt nice. I ordered some dal rice to eat and laid on the bed.

After half an hour my meal was in front of me. The things I still liked about this village were a few good memories of mine with friends and family. And the food. Typical Indian spicy food. I was so tired that I instantly slept after I had food.

...

Knock

Knock

"Kiara, are you in here?" I heard Uncle John's voice coming from outside. I groaned waking up.

"Coming," I told and got up from my bed to open the door. Uncle John had huge physic, he had white hair and white beard. He was mostly in his formals and majority of the time he was busy with his business work.

"So tomorrow we will be going to the bungalow you will look around before selling it, " he said eyeing me. "You sure you want to sell the bungalow ?" He asked looking worried.

"Yes, I am very sure I want to," I assured him.

"Okay so tomorrow we will go to the bungalow first and then we will meet the sarpanch regarding some legal issues," Uncle told me.

"Uncle why don't you go meet sarpanch and I will go to the bungalow," I told uncle.

"Are you sure?" He asked concern lacing his voice.

"Yes.." I told him.

"Okay..!! A car will be ready for you to take you to the bungalow tomorrow." He informed me. I simply nodded. I knew I will have to face it one day.

"Okay... Sweetheart sleeps well." Uncle told hugging me. I hugged him back.

"Goodnight uncle." I murmured. He patted on my back.

"Everything will be okay.." I heard uncle say lowly and then he left.

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling and waited for the sleep to hug me.

____

Thanks a lot for reading.. I really hope you like the chapter...

Let me know, what you think, will happen next?

Vote!! Comment!!
- D.love