Chapter 27: When our Petals Fall is What's Left Who We Really Are?

"The werewolf queen's necklace!"

"Traitor!"

They yelled practically in sync as both of them ran toward me and the fallen Hunter. In the blink of an eye, I shifted, full form, claws barren. Running toward the bigger one. My paws pushing into the dirt like it was nothing. Well it guess it was nothing. Just dirt. 

His pupils dilated, lip dropping just an inch as his gaze rested on mine. Not even time to react before I ripped my claws right through his throat. My arm had moved so fast, I didn't even expect it. I practically swung like a loose rope being thrown at a target. 

The same dirt, became tinted bright red. 

I jumped back as soon as the blood squirted onto my face. 

My chest beating wildly. 

What the fuck. I'd only meant to cut him lightly. Just enough to hurt. Not to kill him. 

Yet it was so easy, like he was nothing. Just dirt for me to step on. 

I couldn't help the shutter which rippled across my skin.  

I was way stronger than usual. 

Now that I'd paid attention, I could feel it running in my veins like fire. The strength. Everywhere I was hot. As if I had just got out from laying in the sun, and not fighting out in the cold night, like I was. 

The heat swirled against my skin now. Radiating off so much that I began to lightly pant. 

"Diamond claw..." I turned toward the voice of the other guy, "Hunter lied," he whispered, "you-"

Suddenly his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he dropped to the ground. His skin smoking and blanketing in black like soot. 

Kirsa coughed. 

I turned over to her.

She was still covered in blood, but otherwise looked not too bad. Her hands vibrated a little, yet he legs looked steady. She stretched her arms out and the vibrations stopped. 

How did she do that without even speaking? 

Her eyes darted to Hunter. I could just see her lips about to open. 

"Don't!" I yelled, "he protected us Kirsa!" 

She stopped, turning her attention fully to me. Just about to stand. I shifted back and started to step toward her, but suddenly felt arms grab me and pull me aside. 

Hunter was holding me once more. Glaring down Kirsa. Kirsa straightens herself, returning a steely look back at him. 

"Don't touch her." I whisper. Threatening. 

He looks at me, loosening his grip. Eyebrows raised. 

I didn't care. 

Suddenly I felt a slight rhythmic shake from the ground. His hand dropped. Leg wobbling. His face turned to the side, away from me. 

He started to fall forward.

I caught him just in time. 

Hunter was still affected by that liquid. 

A sigh escaped me. I could feel the fluttering of my eye lids in irritation with the situation, as I held Hunter tighter trying to keep him up. He spoke none, just a gentle breath loud enough to reveal he was definitely out of it at this point. 

Why did he ask me to do that? Why did he let this happen?

Matter of fact, what the hell was happening? 

The more I dove into this shit, the more blurry this all became. Nothing was making any sense. At least not with Hunter. Not with me. 

Kirsa, already up to speed with current situation,  was going to body number one. One scream in the ear, and it dissipated. Then she moved on to do the same with body number two. I nod at her, and she turns to me as soon as she finishes. 

"Need help with that Ara?"

"Yes." 

It was barely another moment before she came up and helped me hold Hunter. Each of us having a side. Slowly, we walked to what we guessed was Hunter's car. I would borrow his keys, and we'd go to the only place we knew of where all this could be figured out... Safely.

Rabbi Mik's.