Chapter 6: School is Expected

It's my third day coming into class on time. I sip a little mouthwash every thirty minutes or so to keep me up. Mouthwash spiked with a little bit of tea tree oil, but it works. Tastes absolutely terrible. My precious physical ed teacher doesn't look to be amused. For some godforsaken reason, he thinks I've been drinking alcohol instead. Maybe it's my saltier attitude, open cursing, or the fact my mouthwash container looks incredibly similar to a flask.

Well, it is a flask. Reusable and stuff. 

Now what's left of my special concoction has been tossed aside to kill grass while I get the joy of running for the rest of class over playing kickball. I actually prefer running so jokes on him. Kirsa isn't in this class and I'm not too skilled at making friends; plus I like the feeling of my legs going on and on, heading to nowhere but getting away from somewhere. In the present time, that nowhere is a circle surrounding a small basketball court that is almost never used. Our school is more known for their rugby and martial arts than the conventional sports. Rugby, because of the quads, and martial arts because of Hunter. 

"Faster Caul!" Hadn't realized I slowed down. 

Oh right I didn't. 

I shoot a quick glare at the coach and increase my speed a bit more. 

As my speed increased, a loud crashing sound came from the doors to the entrance of the gym. There at the entrance, was an out of breath Kirsa. 

I stopped. 

"Hey uh coach? I need Ara." She spoke as eloquently as she could given her dramatic entrance. I'm surprised he hadn't yelled yet. But I guess Kirsa's looks seemed to have an effect on people. Though she didn't even give an excuse. I shot her the 'bitch what you up to??' look, but she just smiled at the coach and ignored me. He was definately going to turn her down though. What kind of half ass request was that even? 

"Of course Ms. Kirsa. Caul do what you need to do then come back and do 50 push-ups!" His face was slightly reddened, but the smirk was still there as he repeatedly waved his hand for me to leave. I gave Kirsa the most intense stare I could muster and jogged in her direction. 

Within a few seconds we were out the door and now both running to where ever she was taking me. 

"How do you do that?" I questioned. Kirsa just laughed. We ran until we reached the edge of school. There laid a passed out Andrew Steves. Also in the Rugby team, and with a dad who makes many a donation to this school. Almost as much as Hunter's parents. I shot Kirsa a look. 

"What the fuck dude. Please don't tell me you did something to Andrew. He will kill us." 

"Well it was only me really Ara, so you're in the clear, but I swear this wasn't on purpose!" I looked at the passed out Andrew, then back at Kirsa. She was biting her lip and nervously playing with her nails. Andrew didn't look injured in any way. He did have a habit of being too touchy feely though so I wouldn't feel too bad if he didn't get a kick to the shin for some shit he may have pulled. She looked fine as well. Maybe he was just sleeping?

I poked him with my shoe. He didn't move at all. His mouth dropped a little too. 

Yeah he was definitely passed out. 

"Fine." Immediately I grabbed Andrew, pulling him over me as if to give him a drunken piggy-back. Kirsa kept whispering thank you while doing little bows. 

I questioned, "Where to?"

"Let's drop him off at the nurse's office." 

"Drop who off at the nurse's office?" Both our eyes shot forward. 

Hunter stood there, arms crossed. Visibly upset. Staring at us. 

He continued, "Your coach said you went off somewhere with Kirsa. "

Silence overwhelmed us. You could hear a pin drop.