Chapter 5

"Time to go home" Adam whispered to me as I finished cleaning the coffee machine. Adam was a member of staff at Costa, we've been talking all day today. He's been working here for a year and he's never seen drama like what happened yesterday with me. He told me it was okay to do that and to ignore the boss, turns out he was being nosey and was listening in to our conversation.

Adam said that you can't always control your emotions, he also remembers seeing me on the news. I knew he felt sorry for me, well, who wouldn't? People who don't have hearts obviously.

I hung my apron on the coat rack and smiled at him, walking to the front of the shop.

"Need someone to walk you home? I'd volunteer straight away ya' know..." He smiled leaning against the counter, I chuckled and shook my head.

"I'll be fine, I need to gain confidence you know? I can't just rely on Gerard or my friends to walk me home everyday. I have to go by myself and not be scared. I shouldn't need to be scared" I sighed and he nodded in agreement. "I'll see you tomorrow"

"Call me when you get home, just to make sure. If i don't hear from you within an hour I'm getting everyone to search for you" He smirked handing me a piece of paper containing his number, "By the way, I am being serious"

"Fine. I'll call you when I get back" I put the paper in my pocket and began walking out the shop. As I walked by the staff, they muttered their goodbyes not really paying attention to me.

I thought that getting a lift home from Gerard would be a bad idea considering we had an argument last night. I hope he's calmer, he was out of order no matter what happened. I knew I was right and I knew that what was happening was real. Frank was in town and he was coming for me, I needed Gerard to see that.

I left the mall and began walking home, I was feeling anxious and paranoid which wasn't good. I felt to negative all the time, when could I start feeling comfortable with how I lived? The answer to that is when Frank's in prison!

What I said to Adam was true, I needed to feel confident walking home alone, I mean, I didn't want to always depend on Gerard to take me home and drive me places. I didn't want to be scared when I walked the streets alone.

Footsteps, not mine but from behind me. I could hear them faintly as if someone was following me. Maybe someone was following me.

I took a deep breath and continued forward, I didn't want to turn around in case they was right behind me, it would give them the chance to grab me. I hoped there was a car, something like a mirror to show the reflection behind me so then I could run.

I felt a tug on my arm and I ran, I ran forwards not caring where I was going as long as it was away from whoever was behind me. I turned a corner and saw a park up ahead. Surely there would be people there? Parents and children? There had to be someone there who would help me. I should have called Gerard, I was being childish and look where it's lead me? I was shaking from the fear of being kidnapped, taken away again.

I ran into the park and felt arms wrap around me, making me stop. I was being hugged by a stranger. I pulled away confused and stared at the person horrified.

"Sophie! How are you" Frank stood there smirking, I was one hundred percent sure that the guy who tugged my arm was linked with Frank.

"I..." I was speechless, I was terrified.

"How about we sit down?" He went to grab my arm but I stepped back tearing up.

"How about you just leave me alone and get out of my life!?" I shouted hoping someone would hear. Frank looked at me, actually looking a little hurt.

"Don't be like that, I just want to ask you a question" He whispered walking to the bench and sitting down. I watched him, confused. He was acting nice? Where's the psycho Frank who kidnapped me gone? "Please?"

It was one question right? I saw some people look at us and felt a little safe. If Frank tried anything, I could just scream and they'd come running to help. I walked and sat next to him on the bench keeping distance between us.

"What do you want to ask me" I frowned and he smiled at me sweetly.

"I'm asking you to come with me" He shrugged, did he not realize I hated him? Was he oblivious to the past events that have happened?

"My answers no. Now, I ask you a question. Are you finally going to get the help you need from a fucking mental institution!?" I shouted and he kept that sick smile planted on his face.

"So, your answers no?" He asked taking out his mobile. I nodded confused and he began texting someone. At first, I thought he was texting me but when he put his phone away, I never got a text. "You'll say yes sooner or later" He stood up slowly, "I'll see you soon, Sophie" He walked closer and placed a single kiss on my cheek. I pushed him away and he sighed walking off.

That was...Weird. I didn't know what to do or say after that. He didn't try to kidnap me which meant something was terribly wrong. He asked me to go with him. He has the idea of me wanting to go with him willingly planted in his head. He was truly insane.

I had to get home before he decided to come back, before something bad happens. I had to tell Gerard everything that happened today. I had to apologise to Gerard and I had to tell him everything. I had to have him with me at all times. He was like my life support machine, without him I couldn't live.