Chapter 19

Why was the ambulance taking so long? It was like minutes turned to hours, the blood seemed to pour out of them both so quickly.

I had so many questions running through my mind. The first one was: What the hell was my brother doing here when he was supposed to be in hospital!? They wouldn't release him yet because of his injuries.

"Sophie!" Gerard shouted, tapping my cheek with his palm gently. "Sophie go over and apply pressure to your brothers wound. I'll do Frank's until the ambulance gets here" He frowned and I nodded, shaking.

I ran to my brother, who was crying in pain but then he smiled when he saw me, typical him. He was trying to be strong- pretending to be strong just for me. I placed my hands over his wound and put pressure on it making him  grit his teeth.

"H-Hey sis" He choked out, tears were streaming down my face. He shook his head weakly, chuckling slightly. "Hey, big girls don't cry"

"I-I saw you cry" I joked, sniffing and swallowing hard feeling a lump in my throat.

"Gah!" My head turned to see Gerard kneeling next to Frank, hands on his stab wound pushing down forcefully.

"Gee. No" I growled, he stared at me and loosened up. 

"I don't understand you. He hurts everyone you love, he put your brother into hospital...He's probably killed your brother and you're still nice to him!?"

"My brother isn't going to die!" I spat out, how dare he say that? "He's fine"

"He's loosing too much blood Sophie!" He shouted back, I put more pressure on the wound just out of anger, which hurt my brother more. "Look at him!"

I took a shaky breath in and observed my brother. He was so pale, my hands...The floor was covered in blood. The cut was too deep, my brother was already weak. He was dying.

"No" I whispered, feeling a horrible deep dark feeling in my belly. "I can't loose him Gee" I whispered, hands shaking. "I can't take anymore pain, you know I can't" I sobbed and I knew Gerard was dying to come over and hug me, he couldn't though. He had to keep his hands on Frank's wound. "He'll be okay, alright?"

"Sophie..."

"The ambulance will come and fix him. I've had so much bad luck that now I'll only get given good luck. He'll be fine Gerard" I cried.

"Sophie, he's gone" Those two words made the world stop. 'He's gone.' My heart skipped a beat, my head spun so fast that I thought I was going to fall back. 

"G-Gone?" I murmured, keeping my eyes focused on the wall.

"I'm so sorry" He whispered, "I am so so sorry" 

My brother was quiet, so so quiet. How did I not notice? His body was so limp and cold, his eyes were fixed on the ceiling. My brother is dead. My brother is...

I broke down in tears. I wasn't able to hold it in any longer. He was dead, my family had to hear it from me...Oh god my parents would break. I couldn't help but question: Why me? It was their fault; Frank, Gerard, Mikey and Ray. They all had to pay.

"Come here" Gerard whispered and my eyes lingered to the blood stained knife. Frank was smiling at me, the sick bastard. "Sophie?"

I grabbed the knife and lunged towards Frank, making sure the knife pointed down as it hit his chest. "YOU KILLED MY BROTHER!" I screamed as the air escaped his lungs and then his mouth. "You ruined my life, you hurt so many people and you killed my brother!" Gerard crawled back horrified as I let go of the knife and curled up tight. "I can't do this anymore. I can't continue like this. They say it gets better but it just gets worse! I can't!" I screamed. "There's so much pain Gerard, So much pain one pathetic weak person can't handle"

"Sophie you're ill"

"I'm ill!? Why's that. You made me ill! You all did! And you're going to be responsible for my own death!"

"Wait, what!?" He stood up, "You're not dying"

"Hahaha" A strange laugh escaped from my lips. "Hahaha!" It became louder and more violent. Gerard stared at me horrified. "Don't you get it Gerard?" I tilted my head at him, "I'm already dead" I spat as people ran through the door and to us. "You killed me the moment you kidnapped me" I laughed loudly.

The paramedics came for my brother, checking his pulse but then they shook their heads looking at me. They began to speak and I just smiled at them. I couldn't understand them. I wasn't in the room right now. I just pictured this nice little scene in my head where I never went to that concert, I never got kidnapped and life went on as boring as it was. Boring meant normal though.

Gerard picked me up, he was crying and telling the paramedics something which they nodded to. I didn't understand. No sound came to my ears.

Frank was being treated, I think it was too late though. That's okay, I began to like the thought of death. It seemed fun...Welcoming.

I was being carried outside, a little needle had been injected into my arm before. I couldn't feel it though...I couldn't feel anything.

My eyes felt heavier than normal. My body felt limp and I smiled. I was numb. I closed my eyes and let whatever that wanted me take me away from this harsh reality. Maybe it was death? Or maybe I was just entering the land of sleep.