Chapter 20 - The end

Third Person View:

The girl who always thought that she could help people, the girl that thought other people needed help turned out to be the one who needed help the most. The longer she lied to herself, the worst it got.

It's strange; the paths in life we take.  You see, it  may seem like one little thing but it can spark up and turn into such a huge thing...But you don't realise that until the end.

She was so innocent, so young and look at her now.

"It's all over now" She whispered, rocking back and forth in the curled up position she was in. "It's all over" A single tear fell down her cheek. It was true, it was all over...But for the worst. She lost a brother, in a weird sense, a lover. 

Want to know the worst part? Her family is broken. Think about it, put yourself in their shoes. You just lost your son because the guy who kidnapped your daughter killed him, you can't see him suffer because he's dead and he drove your daughter insane.

He was the one to blame.

Of course, you could argue that he was mentally ill and just needed help, maybe if Sophie helped him then he would've got better and none of this would have happened. Maybe no one would be dead, maybe no one would be hurt. 

Or was it Sophie's fault? Was it her fault for going to the concert in the first place? Was it her fault that she tried to escape, hurt him, destroyed him.

That's for you to decide, really.

"We have to keep her here" The doctor whispered to her parents as they sobbed, grieving.

"I just want my baby back" Sophie's mother whispered shakily, her husband holding her close trying to stay strong. "We've already lost one child"

"I'm sorry, I truly am. Sophie really needs to stay here, she's a danger to herself. We have to help her to save her. If we let her go then I hate to say it but...She may take her own life" The doctor told them honestly, Sophie's mother just nodded and looked down, admitting defeat.

Sophie was sitting in her room, well, it was more like a cell. She was wearing a straight jacket, well she always thought it was funny to call it a 'hug yourself' jacket. This however was no laughing matter.

All of that emotional pain she had to deal with, all the people that got hurt and even died? It built up inside her. She never had a chance to let it out and look at her now. She's dead inside.

The doctors fear that she'll be in here for years, they fear that she won't get better. Sophie doesn't mind that though, she likes to be alone. She likes to be by herself so no one gets hurt, after all, if you don't know anyone how can they get hurt?

If you're wondering what happened to Gerard then I can tell you now that he's in jail with the rest of the guys. Sophie's parents soon told the police what happened, with them being there at the scene of the crime didn't help either. 

Gerard truly did love her though, he wanted to protect her and he failed. So he felt worthless, he gave up. Of course he didn't want to go to jail, I mean, who does right? But he knew that where ever he was...He wouldn't be with her. He daren't see her because all he would see was these empty, sad looking eyes looking right back at him. The guilt would come flooding back and he'd break down. 

It's strange how quickly things can happen, it's strange what things can happen. At least Sophie knew that from the start there was no fairytale ending. Instead, it was a sad ending. The one she feared yet knew was going to come. She admitted defeat to her depression, her suicidal thoughts and gave up. 

So many people gave up.

I wish I could tell you that she magically became better, that she got out of the asylum and lived her life happily, I wish I could tell you that Gerard, Mikey and Ray got out of jail and had successful lives but...That would be lying.

A tragic life came to a tragic end. There are no happy endings for her.

A/N: I decided to take a different approach to ending a book. It was actually really strange writing this O.o. Meh, tell me what you think eheh.