Chapter 7

Beep...Beep...Beep

That noise was getting annoying. First it was Gerard in the hospital bed, I wasn't there for him then because Frank had me locked in a house. Then it was me in the hospital bed, being reunited with my family and crying happy tears because I thought it was all over - obviously not. Now it's my brother laying in the hospital bed with a bandage over his waist.

Beep...Beep...Beep.

I hated that sound. I heard it often, more than I probably should. Why couldn't my life be normal? Why couldn't I just have a simple, normal life?

I sat up after a awkward, uncomfortable nap and stretched a little. I fell asleep next to my brother because I was waiting for him to wake up. Every moment he was asleep, it worried me. I thought he'd never wake up. I thought that the beeping sound would become a long drawn out one.

I held my brothers hand. He was always protecting me when I was little, maybe he was protecting me today and this is what happens when you mess with the wrong people. Sometimes I feel like just giving myself up you know? Just so no one gets hurt. The thing is, people will get hurt either way. Emotionally.

I felt his finger twitch in my hand and I watched his face for any signs of movement from his eyelids. Nothing. I sighed and took a deep breath letting go of his hand. The doctor told us he's stable. That's good, right? He's alive, that's good!

I needed coffee, it would cheer me up a little. I searched the room but it was only me and Jake in here. I wish he'd wake up and smile at me, tell me he's okay.

I stood up and left the room, I had to be quick in case he did wake up. I made my way towards the coffee vending machine which was just down the hallway. I fished in my pockets for some spare change and took out a pound sliding it into the machine and getting an espresso.

"Excuse me, are you Miss Talson?" I heard a deep voice from behind me, I took my cup and turned nodding a little, "Sister of Jake Talson?" I saw a doctor with a green mask covering his mouth and nose as if he's just come out of a surgery.

"Yeah...That's me" I whispered shakily, sipping my drink. I gazed into his eyes raising an eyebrow. They looked familiar. They're only eyes though, a lot of people have the same colour.

"If you would just like to come with me, I need to speak to you about your brother" He whispered holding his clipboard. I nodded and he began walking towards a room, I followed him into it and he shut it pulling down the blinds.

"I-Is he okay?" I whispered, "I mean, they said he's stable but...When is he going to wake up?" I asked sitting down.

"Your brother spoke to us Miss Talson. He told us it was your fault" He sat down opposite me and I gasped. That wasn't like my brother, he wouldn't blame me even if it was my fault! How the hell was this my fault!?

"I think you're mistaken..."

"I think that you should choose your decisions in life wisely" His voice changed pitch a little and I frowned.

"Why haven't you removed your mask yet?" I asked staring at him, something was wrong. This wasn't normal.

"There's no need to, I'm going into surgery straight after this" My eyes lingered down to the clipboard which he was holding in his hands. His hands had tattoo's on them, the same as Frank's. He was trying to make me feel bad.

"I have to go back to my brother now" I whispered standing up, trying to keep calm but he stood up taking the mask off smiling.

"You finally know it's me. Well done Sophie" He chuckled, "Well, now I can ask you that question again!" He smiled at me and i stared at him confused, what question? "Come with me"

"You're insane" I whispered shaking my head, "You actually think I'm going to say yes and go with you? No. Never. Now get lost!"

"Don't you see what's happening!? Are you blind!?" He chucked the clipboard to the ground, "Your brother Sophie. What happened to him? He was stabbed. It was your fault for saying no to me!" He screamed and I flinched. "But, if your answer is no then I shall go and wait for you to come to me" He whispered, changing his frown to a smile. "So, what's your final answer"

"I...No" I whispered. He smirked a little and nodded.

"As you wish" He walked out, leaving me standing there utterly confused. It wasn't my fault my brother got stabbed, he was just saying that to make me feel bad and so I would go with him. I wasn't falling for it.

I grabbed my phone and called Gerard, I had to tell him. No delays now.

"Hello" He said, I could hear the wind in the background and some cars passing by. He was outside? Probably having a cigarette.

"Gerard, I need to tell you something. I keep bumping into Frank. He keeps asking me to go with him and he keeps giving me notes. I know you probably don't believe me but I have the note to prove it!" The words came rushing out of my mouth, I was finally telling Gerard the truth, he had to believe me if he saw the note.

"Okay..Okay calm down Sophie...I'll- wait what are you" His voice became faded, like he put the phone to his chest, "NO!" The last noise I heard was a smashing sound. The call stopped.

What the hell happened to him!? Maybe he just dropped his phone or got mugged, I hope he's okay. He's Gerard, he's always okay. I just had to remain calm and go to my brother. I bet he'll be in the room soon waiting for me to go with him to go home. I just had to try not to worry because everything will be okay, right?