Chapter 2

I woke up, my muscles aching from where me and Gerard laid on the hard wooden floor. I sat up and stretched, groaning. Gerard could stay home, unpack some of these boxes so we could move around more easily, me? I had work. I had a job in Costa. It was in the local mall, Gerard would drive me there and then pick me up later.

I was wondering If I would get free coffee since I worked there, probably not. It was worth a try though? Gerard loved coffee, so did I really.

I stood up slowly, walking towards a big brown box which laid in the corner of the room. I pulled the sellotape off and looked through. Thankfully, I got the right box. It had my clothes in it - I even put my bathroom stuff in it. I grabbed a pair of clothes and the bag of bathroom essentials and walked upstairs towards the bathroom.

I got undressed and hopped into the shower washing. I was wondering if I was actually okay with leaving Gerard at home, capable of putting anything he wants anywhere he likes. I could come home from work and it could be disastrous! I trusted Gerard, though. I'm sure it couldn't be that bad...

I finished washing and got out of the shower, quickly drying myself and slipping on the clothes. Black trousers and a plain T-shirt. I think that should be appropriate for the job!

I ran downstairs, not caring if I woke Gerard up because he needed to drive me to work anyway. I walked into the kitchen, ripping open boxes until I fount the coffee machine. Annoyingly, It was in the last box I opened. I sighed and put it on the kitchen counter, plugging it in and beginning to make coffee. The smell will drive Gerard towards me. it's a good luring technique actually.

I could hear faint footsteps and I smiled to myself, here comes Gerard.

"Morning" He groaned and I passed him the fresh coffee, he quickly smiled and pecked my head. "You're up early"

"I thought I could do some unpacking in the kitchen, just so I could make us some coffee and breakfast. Wanna help or do you need to shower?" He pointed up, "Typical" I smirked and began putting away the items in the boxes.

"I can do it later" He whispered and I shrugged. "I'll just get changed, have a shower tonight" He smiled and walked to his box of clothes, going upstairs and locking the bathroom door.

I was quite nervous about going to my job. I mean, it's the first day, I should be...Right? I didn't know anyone there but apparently everyone has to be friendly. That applies to the customers and the staff. I think i'd be okay, maybe I'd even make new friends?

Gerard jogged down the steps quickly and grabbed the car keys, I took a look at him and sighed. He was in grey sweatpants with a white top on, his hair was still a mess and he looked like he had a hangover. I shook my head and walked out to the car before I decided to comment on his appearance. He walked out and got in the car, me sitting in the passengers seat.

"You didn't eat" He whispered and I shrugged, I wasn't that hungry to be fair.

"I wanna be there early" I said, "It's good to be early on the first day, it shows you're willing" I smiled and he nodded starting up the engine and driving towards the mall.

"You have your mobile on you, right?" He asked and I felt the top of my trousers feeling a square lump, I nodded. "If anything happens, if there's any problems, call me. I'll come as soon as I can" He looked at me worried and I sighed.

"I'll call you when I want picking up" I rubbed my forehead and put the radio station on, I didn't want to talk. He was worried about me being without him. I would be fine, it's not like i'm completely alone. I have the staff there, mall security guards...Even the customers would help if something was wrong.