Chapter 8

He was awake. My brother was awake and I was afraid to go to him. What if it was actually my fault he was in here in the first place? I felt disgusted with myself, how could I let this happen? This was my fault. Everything was my fault.

It would probably be for the best if I just left everyone. Maybe they wouldn't be hurt that way. I was scared to be alone, though.

I walked to the entrance of the hospital feeling so low. I just wanted to go home. Think about things and try not to worry. That wouldn't happen Though, would it? Especially with Frank around.

I grabbed my phone and gave Gerard a call. Strangely, he didn't pick up. He probably broke his phone dropping it earlier. I didn't know where he was though, he could be at home and I needed a lift home!

I decided to walk around the hospital at the main ward where my brother was, then I searched near the toilets, waiting a while since I couldn't exactly go in them. I walked down to the bottom floor and searched the canteen. Still no sign.

"Sophie!" I heard my mothers voice and turned round to face her. "Are you going already?" she asked looking at me sadly.

"Uh, yeah. I don't feel to good. If he wakes can you tell him I said that I wish him well, tell him that I miss him too" I whispered. "Have you seen Gerard? I need a lift home and I cant find him"

"I haven't seen him in the past hour. Maybe he went home honey? Dad will give you a lift. His in the waiting room" She told me and I hugged her quick, walking to the waiting room.

Dad was sitting in the middle seat, worrying and biting his nail. When he saw me he gave me a supportive smile and stood up.

"Can I have a lift home?" I whispered and he nodded quickly walking. I followed him slowly, feeling sorry for both of my parents. Just imagine you got the news that your son/daughter got stabbed. I bet they're dying inside. He was lucky to be alive.

We walked to the car silently, getting in and driving off. I checked my phone and saw that I had one new message. It was from Frank.

'Everything will be fine if you come with me, no one will get hurt'

I frowned at the text and shoved my phone back into my pocket. He was annoying me so much, harassing me. I had to go to the police, I just wanted Gerard though.

Me and Gerard would sort this whole thing out together and we'd be happy afterwards. I just needed him to be here for me.

After a few minutes, dad parked up and I got out walking to the front door. It was locked which meant Gerard would most likely be out, god knows what he's doing. I walked in and headed straight for the sofa, longing to rest my feet.

I sat on the sofa and pulled my phone out seeing a text from my mum this time.

'Darling I need you to ring me asap. Your brothers told us some information'

I raised an eyebrow and clicked the call button, raising the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I whispered and heard my mum gasp, "Mum what's wrong?"

"Sophie! Oh god you're okay!"

"Of course I'm okay, mum tell me what he said" I whispered looking around, suddenly feeling exposed and paranoid.

"Your brother told us that he saw the man who stabbed him. It was Frank" She whispered the last part and I frowned. "He told us that he told him something when he was falling to the ground" She paused and I frowned.

"What did he say mum"

"A-Apparently he told him to tell you that it's your fault, which it isn't...And he also said he won't stop until you go to him. Honey you ignore that man, the police are here questioning your brother - which I'm annoyed with since he's just woken up but..."

I hung up. I hung up because I was speechless. I felt sick, I felt a lump in my throat.

Then it hit me, Gerard wasn't coming back. Frank had him and he'd only give him back until I went to him and said yes. He was hurting those around me just so I'd go 'willingly' because of this sick twisted game his playing. If I didn't go with him, he'd start killing. My brother was supposed to die because I said no which means, every time I say no he does something bad. I said no to him in the hospital and Gerard disappeared. The question is, where did he take him and what is he doing with him?

A/N: Sorry I didn't upload last week! I've been exhausted and I had writers block! You're kinda lucky you got this chapter since I wrote it in about 10-15 minutes :S. That's why it's rushed and messy. I APOLOGISE!