Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

With midnight fast approaching. An uneasy feeling was forming in the pit of my stomach. I had already been introduced to all the next inline mateless Alpha’s. Well, the ones that had arrived already that is.  

Nonetheless, I still hadn’t found my mate. However, having Richard and Marissa reassuring every few minutes gave me a tiny bit of hope. They told me how there were still more on their way and would be here well before midnight.

Nevertheless, with the time flying by like the speed of light, I couldn’t help but think of what would happen if I didn’t find my mate in time.  I only had a couple of hours left before Kali the evil one will be coming for me. Just thinking of him coming for me had me trembling. As visions of earlier kept haunting me, I kept pushing them aside. However, I’m sure he was somehow getting inside my head tormenting me. As every time I began to relive the way he had me in the shower, it was as if I could feel his presence but only on the inside. I shuddered at the thought of him on top of me.

The palms of my hands were all clammy as I nervously played with them. I kept pacing up and down the TV room waiting for Richard to call me.  I had never wanted to run as much as I did right now. However, I knew this time I couldn’t run. As running away was no longer an option. As I could never hide from him, well unless I was mated that is. The extreme tension in the room was making me even more uptight then I was already feeling.

Roxanne and Marissa were trying to make light conversation to ease the tension. However, the terrified looks on their faces were just making me want to scream at them. In addition, If that wasn’t bad enough, I could even feel their anxiousness. With the goddess given me full elemental powers, all my senses had heightened to such an extreme that I could even hear what everyone was thinking. To say it freaked me out first was an understatement. If it weren’t for Paul, Richards’s father knowing so much about the chosen ones, then I would be truly freaking out big time by now.

Leaving out a shaky breath, I walked closer towards the window. Seeing It was a full moon I awaited the calmness that usually engulfed me. However, tonight it was terrifying me.

Seeing the light beam high in the sky let me know that I hadn’t long left. Leaning my head against the cold windowpane, I continued to gaze up at the moon. Feeling the presence of more werewolves arriving my body stiffened.

Deep in thought and mesmerized by the moon, I hadn’t realised that Richard had been calling me. “Jasmine” Richard shouted. I noticed he was using his Alpha tone. He had hold of my shoulders while shaking me, everything felt as if it was going in slow motion. Turning my gaze towards him, I noticed that everyone in the room was now on their feet ready to pounce at any moment. Relaxing my rigid body, I gave him a small smile.  Seeing the relief spread across his entire body, he then smiled.

“Jasmine the last of the Alpha’s sons have just arrived.” He stopped and took in a deep nervous breath as he studied my face. “Before we go into my office to meet with them, I need you to listen to me.” I nodded my head, as I was now doing everything to fight back the tears that were desperately trying to escape. “If for some reason none of them are your mate, then you are not to lose hope. Do you hear me?” My heart speed up at the realisation of that one of them might not be my mate.