Chapter Four

Desperately Seeking My Mate

Chapter ~Four

The next morning I woke up shaking and soaked in sweat. As I had another nightmare, only this time it was more graphic. Cold shivers ran down my spine as the visions of him ripping my clothes off me flashed before me. Rubbing my face with my hands, I felt the wetness of the tears that I was crying. Feeling petrified, I hadn’t even realised I was crying. My body shuddered and the thought of being alone with whoever it was I kept dreaming of. “Jasmine, come on you’re going to be late for school.” I heard my mum shouting. Trying to swallow the lump that had lodged itself in my throat,” I’m coming.” I replied. Thankfully, though, it came out a lot stronger than I was feeling. 

On the way to school, I couldn’t seem to shift the bad feeling. I could sense Tammy knew something was up with me. However, being the best friend she is, I was glad she didn’t push me to talk. Tara was with her mate now so she wasn’t in the car with us. Which only made the silence that more intense and uncomfortable. Although it was I who had started the silence, I couldn’t bare it a minute more. ”So how’s Tara?” I asked. I’ve been dying to know but with the pack meeting and hardly any sleep as well as this bad feeling hoovering over me. I hadn’t yet had the chance to congratulate her. Tammy started laughing. “Well let’s just say she hasn’t left the bedroom.” She said in between her laughs. “Oh my god! She’s done it. She went all the way?” I asked excitedly. As Tara is the first of our group of friends to fully mate. “YES!” she squealed in an overly high pitch voice. “Well what did she say? Did she say it was as good as all the stories that we were told?” I asked feeling curious. “Well let’s just say if the noise I could hear down stairs was any thing to go by, Then I would say it’s definitely better than all those stories.  She was screaming out his name for hours on end.  Just when you think they were finally finished, they would start all over again. If it wasn’t for my mum and dad out of town there is no way in hell I would’ve stuck around.” She stopped for a second before going off on one again. Ha. “Jasmine, I was stuck in the TV room with Tara’s mum and dad while they were getting it on.  To say I was embarrassed was an understatement. ” Tammy was now looking completely mortified.

I couldn’t help but laugh at the way she stared out the windscreen shuddering. Know doubt she was reliving the moment. “Oh Tammy, It couldn’t have been that bad. Anyway that is going to be you one day.” I managed to get out in between my laughter. Her head snapped in my direction so fast that I thought she was going to have whiplash. She just kept staring at me. ” Hey eyes on the road.” I said feeling slightly panicked. Seeing her giving me the evils, meant that I was in for one of her lectures. As much as I hated her lectures, I knew I wouldn’t be able to hide my laughter right now. This would then send her off into one of her overdramatic lectures. Believe me that is something you don’t want to see. Hell she’s even scares my parents when she goes full out. Ha.

As we pulled into the schools parking lot, I noticed the group of boys from the restaurant in the mall was standing right in front of the main entrance. “Tammy what are they doing here?” I asked as she stepped out of the car. “How am I supposed to know?” she said looking as anxious as I was feeling. “Damn we’re not even going to be able to get by them without them seeing us.” I thought aloud. “Ok we can do this Jasmine just hold your head up and let’s get this over with.” She said sternly as she linked her arm with mine.

As we neared the school’s main entrance, I noticed that the cheerleaders along with some other girls were literally drooling as well as pushing their filthy bodies up against them. It made me want to puke seeing them acting so desperate. Then on the other side of them, I noticed my brother along with the rest of the football team. They were staring at the boys as if they were going to pounce on them at any moment. Tugging on Tammy’s arm. “Hey I need to go over to see Leon first.” I said feeling uneasy by the way; he was still staring at them. As much as I love my big brother, he had a very bad temper with a very short fuse.

 With him being next inline to become Alpha of our pack, this could easily start a war between the two packs. My dad would more than likely kill Leon this time. As Leon seems to be always causing problems between the packs, my dad hasn’t handed his position over to him yet.

Putting my arms around Leon for a hug, relief flooded through my veins as he looked away from the boys. “Hey big bro, what’s going on?” I asked acting all innocent. Lucky for me Leon didn’t sense my worry and could never read me. “Ah nothing, just hanging around waiting for the bell.” He replied sounding more at ease. “Want to walk in with me?” I asked knowing he wouldn’t refuse me. Especially with those boys still standing there. “Yeah come on.” The closer we got to the main doors my heart picked up speed at hoping none of them would recognise Tammy or me. As that would sure as hell start Leon off. I could feel Tammy’s Body tense up as we walked past them. I took a quick glance back at them hoping that one of them could be my mate. However, as I looked back all of them had their backs to me as they walked away.

Reaching my locker, I left out a sigh of relief. “Wow that was tense.” I said looking at a very pale Tammy. “Hey are you alright?” I asked concerned as She was looking so pale; it looked as if she had seen a ghost. Tammy just nodded her head, which only made me worry even more. “Tammy.” I called. However, when I seen what she was staring at I began to laugh. “Hey it’s just a little spider.” I said as I took it out of her locker. She started frantically nodding her head from side to side. “NO, it’s not that.” She said the last bit as a whisper. “Tammy you’re scaring me now what’s wrong?” I asked again only this time more sternly. “Hmm…I…think I’vejustfoundmymate.” “Hmm can you repeat that but only slower this time?” I asked her softly. “Jasmine, I think I’ve just found my mate.”  She stuttered looking shocked as hell. “Well don’t just stand there who is it? Where is he?” I asked feeling all giddy and excited for her. “Hmm... well that’s the problem.” Then the bell rang signalling we were going to be late for class. “You are going to tell me! However, it will have to wait. Come on we’re going to be late.” I told her as I shut her locker and dragged her towards our homeroom.

Please vote comment fan

Loves ya all Mel x