Chapter Eight

Desperately Seeking My Mate

Chapter Eight

The pack meeting went better than I thought it would. However, I still didn’t manage to find whom that gorgeous scent belonged to. As I was kept, busy most of the night with being introduced to the pack. In addition, by the time I was done with that the scent had disappeared.  I did think about going into the woods to see if I could pick the scent up but remembering the warnings my mother had repeatedly given me. I decided not to.

Lying in my bed sleep came easy, as I hadn’t slept in what felt like days. However, so did the nightmares.  It felt the exact same, as the ones back home. Only this time everything seemed so much closer, even more realistic. Waking up to, my body covered in cold sweat and my heart racing ten times its normal rate. Had me asking myself was something seriously wrong with me. Rubbing my hands up and down my face, I noticed that I was crying. Looking down at my trembling body I screamed as my body was smothered in cold wet blood. Not knowing whether it was mine or what had caused it had me running out of my room with fear.

Just as I exited my bedroom door I was, surrounded by many of the pack members. They were all  just standing there staring at me. Some looked panicked even worried. While others just held no expression at all. Feeling petrified and confused I became light headed. I could feel the blackness trying to take me under. However, I fought it off as much as I could. As I didn’t want to go back to sleep again, I needed to stay awake. The biggest fear I had of falling into the blackness was he going to kill me. I fought and fought until I had not an ounce of strength left in me to fight before I fell into the blackness.

“Oh you are a little feisty fighter aren’t you?” I knew it was just a voice inside my head and not someone from the pack. As it was his cold evil voice. That I could recognise from anywhere, the one from my nightmares. My body began trembling at the sound of it. It was as if I could feel him breathing down on me. Hoping my voice wouldn’t let me down I used all the courage I could muster up within me. “What do you want and why the hell won’t you just leave me alone?” I asked sounding so weak that I wanted to kick myself. His evil laughter rang through my ears making me squirm further away from him. As it was as if he was standing right in front of me, “Tut-tut-tut. Do you really think you can escape me my little mate?” As soon as the words left his mouth, I felt as if I was going to throw up. The word MATE alone made my entire body freeze. “Oh sweetheart, don’t look so surprised. You have been the one searching for me. Well congratulations you found me.” He said sarcastically while still laughing his evil laugh. Feeling his big rough hands gripping my hair and pulling it back, sent cold shivers down my spine. Making me throw up my entire stomach contents, I felt useless, weak and so vulnerable.  All I could do was cry. Then feeling his bare-naked chest pushing up against my back, made the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. His hot disgusting breath flowed across the side of my face as he leaned his face in closer. “Hmmm you smell so sweet and ripe for me right now. Nevertheless, it will have to wait for another time sweetheart. But don’t worry I wont keep you waiting as long as you have kept me waiting.” He stated. Just as I felt a hard slap hit me across my face. Clenching hold of the side of my face, I began to scream out. “NO! Please don’t do this to me, please,” I pleaded with every last bit of strength I held in me. “Jasmine, Jasmine darling it’s ok.” Feeling someone holding me in their arms I started to kick and fight whom ever it was.  As I needed to get them, off of me.  With every punch I threw and kick, I kicked their hold on me tightened. Leaving me no possible way of breaking free of his hold.

After giving up, I picked up the scent that I had gotten earlier when I was at the pack meeting. Opening my eyes in hope to see whom it had belonged too. Frustration took over. As I couldn’t see anyone through my blurred vision. Blinking my eyes continuously to clear them, the first person I spotted was Richard. He was holding me close to his chest as he rocked me back and fourth. “Shush its ok Jasmine I’ve got you. “Daddy is she ok. Daddy.” I heard Roxanne’s worried voice ask. “She will be baby, she will be.” He soothed her. Richards’s eyes never left mine.  The look in his eyes had me wanting to tell him I was fine and everything was alright. However, I couldn’t because everything wasn’t alright. I was petrified!

I tried wracking my brain, to work out what the hell was going on. I could feel my body starting to shake more violently the more I could see the man with no face. I knew he had one but that was the most scariest  and most frustrating part of my dreams. I never could see his face.  “Jasmine, I’m just going to carry you down stairs ok love.” He told me as if he was worried I would start to freak out again. Not wanting to talk, I nodded my head. As I knew, I would’ve only sounded weak and pathetic in front of all of them.

 As he lifted me up the smell of the scent grew stronger making me want to get even closer. There was a slight pull of need within me. I thought it was just more of my imagination working overtime than it actually being real. However,  as Richard walked into the TV room the pull intensified so much that my body was yearning to break away free from Richard so I could go to him. Scanning the room, I noticed there was someone  standing in the far corner. I tried getting a better look at him but with his back facing me, it was impossible.  Even from the back of him, I couldn’t  remember meeting him tonight well that is until now.

My thoughts started going into over drive as I begged and willed in my head for him to turn round. However, he didn’t, I couldn’t tear my eyes away from him. Even my stomach felt as if it had come alive with pleasant flutters. In addition, the warmth that had built up within my heart felt so overwhelming. “Ok everyone time for you all to leave, well except you Chase, I’m going to need you to stay here.” I watched as the boy in the corner, body stiffened. I knew the minute I heard his name there was something special about him, but what I haven’t managed to work out yet. “I have to leave on business, you know that dad….” I didn’t hear the rest as my heartbeat thumped so hard that it was pounding against my eardrums. Blocking every other sound out.  His voice sounded so soft and soothing to my ears that it was as if he was pulling me in even more to him. Then I felt the pain, a sharp pain went straight through my heart as if someone was stabbing me repeatedly.

That’s when I started thinking, had he already seen me, Damn was he my mate and he was rejecting me. On the other hand, was all of this just my stupid imagination. After all tonight’s nightmare did seem way more realistic than ever before. But then again I couldn’t have two mates could I? One of them had to be lying or is it just me being so desperate to find my mate that I’m actually starting to think everyone is my mate.

Was any of you expecting that?

Do you think Chase is her mate?

Alternatively, will it be the man in her nightmares?

Is something seriously wrong with Jasmine?

I hope you all enjoyed, as now this is where it all begins :)

Love to you all Mel xx