PROLOGUE

Valentina was in the yard playing with her brother Dominco, those two were always inseparable

Valentina was in the yard playing with her brother Dominco, those two were always inseparable. Alessia was watching her beautiful daughter getting chased by Dom in amongst the lush flower beds.

"Be careful Dom, you know she has tiny little legs!" Alessia exclaimed.

Lorenzo could hear his principessa's little giggles from his office. He made his way to the window that overlooks the outside garden. Watching Dom and Val play tag. Praying to himself that nothing ever happens to her and he would do anything to protect her even if it means losing his life.

"Okay piccolo, it's time for a bath now. We can play tomorrow, aren't you hungry?" Breathed Dom. Val made her way over to Dom.

"Otay Dommy, can you hewlp me? I down't like it when Martha bwaths me." Val sighs. Dom looks at his little Princess and can't help but grin at the adorable pout she has on her face.

"Bath time Valentina, I will help you. Martha is not here at the moment so how about you and I spend a little mother and daughter time together" yelled Alessia.

"Otay Mama, I'm cwoming!" Val shouted, racing to her mother.

D I A V O L A

Whilst Alessia was bathing Val, she was also coming up with a plan to take her daughter away as her husband Lorenzo has been receiving multiple threats from the Russian Mafia in regards to their precious baby girl. Alessia can't help but think this is not the life that she wants for her only daughter, she only wants Val to live a happy and normal life.

Tonight is the night Alessia will take Valentina to safety, she loves Lorenzo with all her heart but surely he will understand why this has to happen. She will miss all her babies, Luciano, Vincenzo, Nicolo, Dominco, Roman, and Giovanni and she knows the boys will miss their sorellina but they will come to understand that this is for the best. They have their father so they will grow up and become the men they are supposed to be.

"Okay, Bambina all done and clean it's time to get into bed. Make sure to say good night to all your brothers and don't forget your papa." whispered Alessia, "This will be the last time you will see them in a while, Val."

"What you mean mama?" whispered Val.

"Nothing Bambina, go say your good nights and meet me in your room and I'll read you a bedtime story."

"Otay mama."

Val ran downstairs to find all her brothers in the living area watching a movie, she gave kisses and cuddles to each one of her brothers and said good night, she then ran upstairs to her fathers' office knocking on the door till she heard the faint "come in" she struggled with the door but just managed and found her father sitting behind his desk with a drink in his hand a smile on his face when he has seen her. Val squealed and ran over to sit on her father's lap.

"Sweet dreams papa, I wuv you." Val giggled.

Lorenzo could not wipe the smile off his face when she heard his Bambina giggle. He kissed her on her forehead and wished her the sweetest of dreams.

He did not know that this would be the last time he would hear her giggles.