26 | Pray For Me

Dad got home a while ago, muttering something about going to a meeting tonight

Dad got home a while ago, muttering something about going to a meeting tonight. I have no clue who we're meeting with or what it's about. He's been acting weird lately, it's like he's scared that something big is going to happen.

I keep asking him if everything is okay, he just waves me off and tells me to concentrate on my studies and training.

I know my uncle is still out there somewhere, plotting to end my life along with my dads. He's always been power-hungry, I remember when I was younger, he and dad use to fight a lot about the business. They always had different opinions and approaches to things.

My dad was an ask question first, shoot later type of person whereas my uncle didn't care about that, he was just out for blood, not caring to hear answers.

It's always been like that. My grandfather couldn't stand my uncle, he always treated him poorly, something I never agreed on. Maybe that's why he's like the way he is now.

"Okay son, it's time to go. Don't say anything at this meeting unless someone asks you a question directly and do not interrupt anyone," dad says running a hand through his hair looking nervous.

Humming in response, we make our way towards our car surrounded by guards. His nerves are making me nervous, I wonder who we're meeting with for him to be worried.

D I A V O L A

Lounging back in my chair in a large conference room, bored out of my mind waiting for whoever it is to show up. I'm sitting here by myself whilst dad barks orders to the guards to secure the perimeter of the warehouse.

The doors fly open and in walks Luis Pierre and Andrè with some guards following behind. Making eye contact with Andrè, I nod in greeting to which he returns the gesture.

Taking their seats, they talk in hush whispers. Luis turns in his seat looking at me before returning to his conversation with Drè.

Again the doors swing open, revealing Messiah walking in and looking around the conference room before signaling people to enter.

The Rossi family walk in with blank faces etched on their faces except for Gio who has a look of worry, he catches my stare and looks down while making his way to the table.

Why the fuck are we all here?

"Luis, long time my old friend. How are you?" Lorenzo says, shaking Luis's hand, "you didn't bring the beautiful Emèlia?"

Luis chuckles and shakes his head no, "she doesn't want anything to do with this, besides she's my daughter. You know how it is having a daughter Lorenzo."

"I suppose you're right, we don't want them a part of this life. Unfortunately for me though someone wants my daughter, so she's being dragged into this either way." Lorenzo sighs taking a seat, with the rest of his sons following suit.