91 | We Know

All of us have gathered in the theatre room to watch a movie together, even Messiah and Felix have joined us getting the night off

All of us have gathered in the theatre room to watch a movie together, even Messiah and Felix have joined us getting the night off. Aunt Elisa and Uncle Emilio went out on a date whilst we all look after Gianni and by we I mean Valentina.

We've all been arguing about what movie to choose for the last hour, our grandfather and father left not wanting to deal with all our bickering. I don't blame them, I wanted to leave too but Valentina insisted on us being here.

Something about bonding together, she says we work too hard and never relax. Which she's right about, Luc, Nic and I are always working we're either at the warehouse doing business or here doing business.

The only time we spend with our family is if we're eating or something has happened, I do miss spending time with my siblings even if they do drive me fucking crazy half the time.

Levi is cuddled up between Nic and me on one couch and Gianni is cuddled up between Valentina and Messiah on another, Gio, Rome, and Dom are on another couch looking a little stiff having to cram together.

Felix is in a single-seater, snacking on popcorn amused by the bickering. While Nate and Andrè are snuggled together on a couch of their own, since Luc decided he didn't want to third wheel he decided on sitting on the other single-seater.

"Just pick a bloody movie before I strangle you." Valentina snaps at Dom who flips her off, grumbling under his breath.

"You said what we wanted to watch wasn't kid-appropriate, make up your mind woman!" Rome exclaims, throwing his hand in the air.

"Children, let's all calm down shall we?" I chuckle.

"You —" she begins, narrowing her eyes at me, making me gulp, "zip it."

"Why don't we watch fast and furious then? It's not that inappropriate for kids." Felix shrugs, popcorn still being shoved in his mouth.

"Fine, that'll do then. Make sure the subtitles are on for Gianni, plus Paul Walker, God rest his soul is one fine specimen." She gushes.

Messiah's head snaps in her direction and he glares at her, making me silently chuckle to myself. She does not have a filter, it must be a Rossi thing I swear. Dom puts on the movie and we all settle in and get comfortable.

D I A V O L A

The movie just finished and Luc asked Messiah and Felix if they can take Levi and Gianni to bed so we can talk, Valentina was hesitant about staying but she agreed eventually.

Now we're all sitting in the theatre room still, awkward silence filling the air. I have a feeling it's to do with Rowan King since we want Xavier to be in charge of their mafia already.

"I say I just kill him, simple." Val smiles.

"Wait — who are we killing?" Dom grumbles, glaring at her.

"Rowan King." She shrugs, wrapping herself like a burrito with her blanket even more.

"We can't just kill him, Valentina, if others were to find out and his allies it could start a war." Luc blows out a breath before sitting back and sighing.

"And why the fuck not? I can make it look like an accident." She grins.

This girl — seriously I always wonder if she's adopted.

She does have a point though, we could make it look like an accident. No one would need to know apart from all of us in this very room, I know I'd be happy if the man was dead, especially after what he did to Val.

Then again, Luc is right also. If anyone was to find out his allies could come after us, it could start a war between mafias. We've been through enough shit to last us a lifetime, we don't need more.

"It's a no Valentina and don't bother arguing with me." Luc snaps at her, causing all our eyes to widen since he rarely speaks to her like that.

"Fine." She whines.

I have a feeling she's not going to let the whole killing him thing go completely, I think she's just shutting up for Luc's sake.

"Then what are we going to do?" Nic asks, looking around the room to us all.

"Blackmail," Val says, catching my attention.

"Blackmail?" I ask.

"Yeah, ya know where you find something or someone and threaten them with that information or person. Have you never heard of blackmail before? Shit and here I thought you are running a mafia." She sarcastically says, rolling her eyes at me.

"You little shit." I narrow my eyes into slits, glaring daggers at her and she just flips me off.

"Blackmail is a better option, I don't see any other choice —" Luc begins, standing up stretching, "Gio, do some digging on Rowan and let us know what you find. I'm going to bed, good night ladies."

He leaves the room but the rest of us don't move, we all look at Val who is still wrapped up in her blankets like a burrito. She's looking up at the ceiling, clicking her tongue.

"If blackmail doesn't work, I'm killing him. I hope you all know that, I don't like the guy and he seems shady." Val mumbles, glancing at us before she looks back up at the ceiling again.

"No shit, he's in the mafia — fucking idiot." Dom chuckles.

"Not what I meant asshole, he seems off and for some reason, Xavier seems kind of — I don't know — scared of him?" She sighs, closing her eyes.

Why would Xavier be scared of his father? Maybe Valentina is on to something. We might be able to blackmail them after all, it could work and she won't have to kill him. I still don't get how someone like Xavier is scared of his father though, it just doesn't make any sense.

Valentina rolls off the couch, a thud hitting the floor. She untangles herself and stands up stretching and yawning a little, she jumps on the three stooges and smothers them, muttering a goodnight. She then gets up and walks over to Nic and me, hugging us and saying goodnight as well.

"She's going to kill him regardless you know," Rome states, once she's left the room.

"We know." Nic and I say in unison.

She's fucking stubborn.