64 | Blessing

"Why didn't you tell me they were alive?" Ivan grumbles anger laced in his tone aimed towards me

"I didn't know they were fucking alive Ivan, if I had known I would have tried to save them a long time ago," I sigh rubbing my temples, trying to relieve the headache forming.

When I joked about her being alive a while ago, I didn't know she was alive. I trusted Ivan's word when he said he buried her, what I didn't know was that he buried a random fucking corpse.

I had heard rumors about her being pregnant when she died those are true with the other girl laying in this room.

"He had them all this time, why?" Ivan whispers to himself, but I hear him.

I walk up beside him and gently squeeze his shoulder, "what is the best way to hurt someone?" I ask, he looks over his shoulder at me, tears leaking, "you hurt the one they treasure the most, it breaks them," I murmur.

"She told me she was pregnant before she died, we came up with names and everything, Alec was so excited he was getting a little sister. Irina was the perfect name, she was named after her great grandmother. Then Yelena died in a car crash, she was unrecognizable. I lost my wife and my child that day."

"Not —" I whisper, looking at his wife Yelena and daughter Irina laying in the bed, "Irina, looks just like you and Alec."

"She does, she's beautiful. She is very tall for a twelve-year-old, I see why they thought of her as a woman and not a little girl. Where's Alec?" He asks.

"Blowing off some steam, it's a shock finding out your mother and baby sister are still alive." He nods agreeing.

I leave him alone with his family and head downstairs where mine is waiting for answers, I haven't even had time to shower or rest.

I find them all huddled up in the living area, talking amongst themselves oblivious to my presence.

"I was so close," I utter in disbelief.

Nicolo rushes over to me and engulfs me in a bear-like hug, crushing me. I relish in it, I need this.

"None of this is your fault Bambina," he whispers to me kissing the top of my head.

Tears begin to fall and I push him away from me, "how many more people are going to get hurt because of me? Huh? Tell me Nic!"

"You need to stop blaming yourself little one, this man is pure fucking evil," Carlos says walking over to me slowly, scared I'll run.

I feel like running, running away from everyone. They don't understand what's going through my head, I love them all I do but they're distracting me, they're my weakness and they're going to get hurt because of me.

Nate is currently hurt now, my best friend. Who knows if he'll ever wake up. If I lose him, I lose a part of myself. So many thoughts are running havoc in my mind right now, I don't even know what to think or what to do anymore.