72 | Unbothered

Jogging down the stairs, I prepare myself for the awkwardness

Jogging down the stairs, I prepare myself for the awkwardness. I'm not going to let this get to me, I have nothing to be ashamed of. I had sex, I'm sure most of those idiots in there have done it before.

Maybe not while the whole family is eating breakfast but still. I'm going to hold my head up and not shy away from the conflict that's about to occur.

Remember, you're a badass bitch Val!

I pause at the entryway to the dining room and suck in a deep breath, hesitantly I cross the threshold and make my presence known by walking into the room heading towards the kitchen bench.

Head held high I say my good mornings to everyone, they all look at me with different facial expressions. The most common being smug, assuming I'm embarrassed.

Unbothered by their looks, I dish up a plate of bacon and eggs and take a seat next to Diego who smirks at me as I sit. I smile at him in return and stuff my face with the delicious meal, avoiding their weird stares.

"Have a good sleep?" Alejandro asks, amusement in his tone.

Rome awkwardly coughs, Dom groans and Gio snickers under his breath. While everyone else avoids eye contact with me, making me internally scoff at myself. They're the ones making this awkward, not me.

"I think we all know she wasn't exactly sleeping," Gabriel grumbles across from me, pursing his lips.

"Oh, I slept. It's just that I woke up this morning with pent-up energy that needed the be released, and I got my cardio workout in for the day," I smile at them all.

Gabriel rolls his eyes and scoffs at me, whilst the rest of my family look between each other not knowing what to say, I don't blame them for not saying anything. How would one exactly reply to that?

"You just allow your daughter to sleep with the help?" Gabriel questions, looking at my dad.

The fork drops from my hand making a loud clink sound, everyone in the room stills and stares between Gabriel and me.

"Jealous?" I sneer at him, narrowing my eyes into slits, daring him to say something else.

"Why? I've already fucked you, multiple times actually," Gabe scoffs.

The audacity of this bitch — He wants me to fuck him up.

"Gabriel!" Alejandro warns.

"I'd listen to Alejandro if I was you, Gabe," I warn, standing up from my seat.

He stands up too from his seat and walks around and stands in front of me, looking down at me, "or what?"

Smirking, I punch him right in his face, a sickening crack echoes throughout the dining room. He stumbles back clutching his nose that's now pouring blood.

"You bitch!" He seethes running at me, he takes a swing at me but I block it and tackle him to the ground and straddle him, throwing punch after punch.

"Valentina," someone shouts, grabbing my fist that was about to connect to Gabriel's face. My gaze lands on Alejandro who's holding my fist in his hand and is gaping at me.

I let out a huff and rip out my fist from his hand and stand up from Gabe who's laying on the ground groaning in pain. I stare at the piece of shit before someone gently grabs my hands bringing them up in front of me.

Mez stands there looking at me concerned before he looks back down at my bleeding knuckles and kisses them.

I turn and glare at Gabe again, "who I sleep with is none of your concern. Disrespect him or anyone else I care about again and you won't be just laying on the ground, you'll be laying in a coffin as I put you six feet under."

"Messiah, please take Valentina upstairs and help her clean up," Dad says looking at me with disappointment all over his face.

I look around the room and notice Gianni who looks visibly upset and Levi who has tears in his eyes, breaking my heart that I'm the reason they're sad.

Now I realize why dad is disappointed in me, I shouldn't have done that in front of them. I tear my gaze away from them and look at Mez who smiles at me sympathetically.

D I A V O L A

Messiah takes Valentina to their room to get her cleaned up leaving the rest of us here speechless after what just happened

Messiah takes Valentina to their room to get her cleaned up leaving the rest of us here speechless after what just happened. How did it go from one of the most awkward situations to a violent situation that quickly?

Aunt Elisa and Aunt Nina scoop Gianni and Levi into their arms and they head in the direction of the living area.

Alejandro sighs, running a hand along his jaw. He walks over to Gabe and looks at him with pity, "you shouldn't have said what you said, now you've learned your lesson."

Gabe sits upon the ground and pinches his nose wincing, not going to lie he looks like utter shit. Val sure did a number on him, but we all know not to ever disrespect her or anyone she loves.

"She is a psycho, she's lucky I don't hit a woman." He grumbles.

Stefano laughs gaining everyone's attention, "little boy, you didn't even have time to react that's how quick she was. I highly doubt you would have even got a hit in, maybe next time keep your fucking mouth shut where my granddaughter is concerned."

"Agreed, no one disrespects our sister." Dom spits at him, standing up leaving the dining room with the rest of the Rossi family following.

I walk over to where Gabe is still sitting and kneel in front of him, "I know who you are, she's told me everything. You're lucky to be alive still, if it was me I would have killed you."

"You don't know shit," he snaps at me.

I lean in closer to him and whisper in his ear, "she told me who you are, does the Gonzàlez family know who you are?"

I lean back smirking at him as his eyes widen, realizing I do know the truth.