99 | Clueless

Blinking my eyes open, my vision is blurry

Blinking my eyes open, my vision is blurry. Trying to gain focus, I move my hand to my head since I have a killer headache but my hand doesn't budge. I look down and see I'm tied up to a chair.

What the f —

A door creaking open gains my attention, I narrow my eyes when I see Rowan King standing in front of me with a smug look on his face.

The last thing I remember is Valentina winning her fight before the gunfire was heard and then everything went black and now here I am. Don't tell me this asshole kidnapped me to get back at Val, he'd be an idiot if he did.

"Ah — Messiah, nice of you to finally wake up." He grins, making my fists clench and I fight against the restraints wanting to strangle this bitch.

"You're probably wondering where we are and why you're here." He chuckles, walking closer to me.

I don't bother answering him, I'm not going to talk to him. The only people I talk to are Valentina and Levi, I've never spoken a word to anyone else and I'm not starting now.

"That's right, he said you were a mute. This is going to be so much fun, I wonder —" he says, rubbing a hand along his jaw, "do you scream? I'd sure like to hear that."

If this asshole thinks torturing me is going to bring Valentina out, he's surely mistaken. Then again she's never been a rational person, she always puts herself in danger for others, especially those she loves.

Do I think she would come after me and put herself in danger? Yes, she would. Do I want her to? No, I rather her be safe. Will she care about that? No, she wouldn't. Why? Because her heart and love for others control her. Do I love that about her? Definitely. Does it scare me? Yes.

"I don't know what she sees in you. You're a nobody, well at least I thought you were till someone contacted me and I found out who you are." He laughs.

I have no fucking clue what he's talking about, what does he mean by who I am? And who's this person that contacted him?

"My son was a fool for siding with the Italians but he'll get what's coming to him. He was always useless, he never could do anything right. He was never a son of mine, I'll just have lead this mafia on my own."

Xavier turned on his father, maybe I misunderstood him. Valentina was right obviously, he's a good man especially if he's going against his blood.

"He told me not to harm you in any way but I don't think I'll listen, why he wants to keep you alive is beyond me. Valentina loves you and you're a means to getting back at her."

A fist connects to my jaw and my head snaps to the side, a searing pain being felt as I groan. He narrows his eyes at me before he punches me again in the face, this time blood spills out of my mouth.

"I'll just rough you up a little and send your precious Valentina a photo, if he asks just tell him you misbehaved — oh wait, you're mute." He laughs.

Who is this he that he keeps mentioning? I don't care right now, whoever it is I'll fucking kill him and the bastard in front of me.

"You will not believe what I have planned for the demise of the Italians, Viktor was an amateur — his obsession got in the way of his main goal." He states.

"I've already seen how her family gets when she's taken away from them, imagine if I killed her. The whole family will be in turmoil, their empire would crumble." He adds.

The door opening again gains both of our attention this time. A guy walks in, his eyes narrowing at me before his gaze shifts to Rowan and he glares at him.

"You were told not to harm him, why is he bleeding from his mouth?" The guy sneers at Rowan.

"I just wanted to have a little fun, don't tell me you're not going to join in? Especially now that your position is in jeopardy."

Who are these guys? What the fuck is going on...

"You're lucky he isn't here yet, if I was you I'd leave before he does get here. He'll contact you later about the plan for Valentina, you can go now." The unknown guy says, waving his hand in dismissal.

Rowan glares at me before he finally leaves the room, the unknown guy approaches me and stands in front of me kneeling at my height, "we haven't officially met but I'm sure Valentina has mentioned me, I'm Milos Andino." He smiles, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Oh right — you're tied up. You probably have so many questions but I heard that you're mute, which confused me since I don't understand how you communicate with anyone but then he told me that you use sign language." He adds.

I want to know who this he person they keep mentioning is, it could be Galen Andino but why would he want me and how would he know all of this about me?

"I had no idea you existed, Rowan was right — you being here and alive ruins my chances. Maybe I should just kill you now and turn a blind eye, that would solve all my problems," he sighs, standing back up to his full height, "I want you to meet someone, all I can advise is that you keep an open mind and don't get angry."

Just then the door opens again, this time a man walks in wearing an all-black suit, I can't quite see his face yet as it's covered with a mask. The man walks in, closer to Milos and me, he stands in front of me tilting his head as if analyzing me before he takes his mask off.

When I see his face, my breathing hitches. My jaw clenches and I grind my teeth, narrowing my eyes at the man I despise the most. I'm angry and shocked that he's standing here in front of me right now, I want to kill him.

"Hello Messiah, you look just like your mother. I'm sorry about her death, she didn't deserve that." He says, running a hand through his hair.

"I know you know who I am but I'll introduce myself anyway since you don't know my name. I know your mother use to show you a picture of me, so I guess you've worked out by now that I'm your father." He smiles widely.

Yeah a deadbeat father who left my mother to fend for herself when I was little, I don't want anything to do with this man.

"I'm Galen Andino." He says, confidence radiating from him.

Galen Andino? The Greek Mafia Don? He's my father? The fuck —