21 | Secondhand High

Holy shit, Val knocked Messiah out cold

Holy shit, Val knocked Messiah out cold. I'm standing here fucking speechless. Honestly, I think everyone in the gym is speechless, people are gawking at her jaws slacked, wide-eyed.

Blinking out of my daze, I see Nate move to help Val out of the ring, he gives her a bear hug and swings her around, her laughing breaking the tense atmosphere around us.

Dad walks over to them and grabs her hugging and congratulating her, she has the smuggest look on her face. I guess she did warn him and Felix, she has every right to be smug.

I look back to my brothers and friends and all their eyes are on her, watching her every move. Nate advances towards us, smirking.

"Pay up ladies —" he chuckles, "told you to bet on her," he shrugs, putting his hand out for us to pay up.

The asshole knew she could fight.

I can't believe how easy that was for her, she didn't even look panicked or out of breath, she was calm and focused.

In my peripheral vision, I see Val going back into the ring where Messiah is still laying on the floor unconscious and Felix is hovering over him looking concerned for his boss. She says something to Felix who nods and they both help him up and carry him out of the gym.

"Luciano, I don't think she needs training with hand-to-hand combat. Maybe see how she goes with a weapon, get Messiah to help her with knives, and get Dom to help her with guns." Dad says casually, a proud look adorning his features.

"What if she asks questions?" Luc counters.

"I'm telling her tomorrow about what we do, I'm telling both her and Nate. We should get him in on the training as well. Set up a fight with him and Felix, I think Messiah deserves a rest after that." Dad smiles.

I cut in on their conversation, "where did they take him anyway?" Dad slides his gaze onto me, "they took him to her room, she's going to help Felix clean his wounds." With that he walks away, dismissing the off-duty guards and briskly leaving the gym with Luc and Vince following close behind.

"What the fuck just happened?" Emèlia screams Andrè's eyes bulge out of his sockets, "Language Em!" She only waves him off and runs out of the gym.

"Dude, your sister is so fucking hot, I can't believe she knocked out one of your best guards!" Alec blurts out, my head snaps in his direction along with the rest of my brothers and we glare at him.

He's lucky I don't put him 6 feet under.

"Fucking run Alec!" I sneer at him, advancing towards him fists clenched. He doesn't even hesitate he bolts screaming, running for his life out of the gym.

I stay in my spot and smirk, I've still got it. I turn to Gio who's pissing himself laughing, slapping Rome on the back. Rome chortles at Alec's reaction and Andrè shakes his head.