Chapter 3

•A/N• Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. I've been really bust with school. Projects and midterms ugh :( but here's chapter 3 :)

I smiled shyly back at him. He had no idea of how scared I was. Or did he? I don't really know how well I hide it, but I'm terribly nervous around guys. I don't know why, I just am.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he pulled out of my driveway.

"We'll just drive until we decide to stop." He said over the wind. His car was a convertible so we had to talk over the gushing wind.

His shaggy brown hair flew around and there was no point in curling my hair.

I guess he could tell by the way I was just sitting there probably looking terrified that I really was. "What's wrong, babe?" He asked, grabbing my hand.

"Nothing's wrong!" I said.

"We'll you look scared out of your mind. Loosen up, we're gonna have fun!" He said. Then he stood up, letting go of the wheel.

I let out a shriek and grabbed the wheel. He laughed and sat back down. "Loosen up!" Then he pulled over and stopped the car. We were pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

"Come on." He said, pulling me out of the car.

There wasn't anything out here. Just some trees and a train track.

Brayden took off his black fedora looking hat and placed it on my head. Then he grabbed my hand and began to run.

He climbed up into a tree and pulled me up with him. We sat up there, looking out to the train tracks as a train roared past.

Whenever I looked over at Brayden, he was watching me. Almost studying me. And he didn't look away when I caught him looking, he just smiled and winked.

Finally, Brayden hopped down from the tree and walked over to the train track.

"Feel this." Then he guided my hand to the tracks.

When I touched it, it stung my hand. It was burning hot. I let out a yelp at the pain and he just laughed.

"Lets go." He said, grabbing my hand that wasn't burning red. Then we got into his car.

My mom sent me a text telling me I needed to get home. Brayden dropped me off and we said our goodbyes.

When I got inside my mom was about to leave and wanted me to stay with my sister.

"But she's thirteen. Can't she stay by herself?" I said, trying not to make my mom mad when I said it.

"I just want you home with her tonight. You were out last night." Then she walked out the door.

Zoe would be fine. I went up to my room and pulled out my phone. One new message.

Message from Brayden:

What are you doing tonight?

Message from me:

Babysitting

Message from Brayden:

When will you be done?

Message from me:

Around 11

Message from Brayden:

Can I pick you up then?

Message from me:

I'm not allowed to be out that late.

Message from Brayden:

I'll sneak you out.