Chapter 6

I stopped in my tracks as Brayden walked over to me.

"How did you find my work."

"I saw your mom's car out in the parking lot?" He said.

"You followed me here, didn't you?"

"I needed to see you, babe." Brayden grabbed my hand and we sat down in a booth.

"You're not still mad at me?" I said putting space in between us.

Brayden didn't say anything, he just grabbed my face and kissed me. This is what I wanted last night, more of him. I felt the burning and tingling feeling again as his tongue slipped into my mouth, wresting with my tongue. When he pulled away he still kept his face close to mine.

"I'm gonna take you out tonight." He whispered, because some people came into the diner.

"I have school tomorrow, I can't go out." I whispered back to him.

"Then I'll just sneak you out again."

"It's not going to be that easy tonight. My mom won't be drunk because she has to work tomorrow."

"It will work." Then he kissed me again, a little sweeter this time.

"Charlotte!" John shouted from his same spot behind the register, "You have tables to get to."

I started to stand up but Brayden grabbed my wrist. "You don't need to listen to him."

"Well, he's my boss so I do kind of have to listen to him."

"Let's get out of here."

"I can't just leave work!"

"It's fine. Go get your stuff."

I didn't want him to be mad at me again so I went back into the kitchen to grab my stuff.

"Who's that guy, Charlotte?" Dylan asked when I entered the kitchen.

"What's it to you?" I kind of snapped at him.

"Sorry. So where are you going?"

"I'm leaving early."

"John's letting you off?"

"No."

"That means only two people will be working."

"You guys will be fine. Keep him busy while I sneak out?"

"Yeah sure."

Dylan looked upset.

"Hey, I'll text you when I get home Dylan." Then I darted out the door and met Brayden. Our hands quickly intertwined. We hopped into Brayden's car and started off. When we passed the diner I saw John yelling at Dylan as we passed the diner.

••A/N•• Sorry this chapter was super short there was just a lot of monologue though. So what do you think of Dylan? Don't be afraid to leave comments. I like talking to fans. Make me very happy by voting, commenting, and becoming a fan! :)