Chapter 13

I charged into my house to find my mom sitting at the table with a mug and a worried look on her face. "Where have you been?" She asked in an angry tone.

"I was with friends. You weren't suppose to be home until tomorrow."

"I got off early. But I called your friends, none of them knew where you were. I called your work, you got fired?! What have you really been doing, Charlotte?"

I didn't know what to say. I would be in so much trouble if I told her where I've really been.

"You better tell me. Or so help me you will wish you were dead. I'll send you to a military school, I'll lock you up, I will...." She was so mad. Her face was red and she was out of breath.

"I was out with a boy..." I mumbled.

She didn't even know how to react. "Go to your room! I will deal with you later."

I went up to my room and charged my dead phone. When it finally got power I had 14 missed calls from my mom, and 6 texts from my friends.

Later, my mom came in. "I've decided that since this has really only been your first offense, you're gonna spend your summer in Idaho with your aunt and uncle instead of going to Hawaii with me and your sister." Then she turned to leave the room.

I guess I could live with that. It sucked but it could be worse.

I fell asleep waiting to here from Brayden. Nothing.

At 3:40 my phone woke up up with a call from Brayden.

"Hello?" I said, still half asleep.

"Come outside." He said in a whisper.

I looked out my window. I could faintly see the outline of a car in the driveway.

"But it's three in the morning."

"Then I will come up."

And in just a couple minutes there was a tap at my window.

I opened the window and Brayden climbed in.