Chapter 12

I woke up a second time to Brayden getting up.

"Do you wanna go somewhere to eat?" He asked.

"Can you take me home to get new clothes?"

"Yeah sure."

Then we got in his car and drove to my house. No one was there. No one even cared where I was. They probably went away to my grandparents house for the week or something.

I ran inside and pulled on another pair of shorts and an tank top. When I got outside, Brayden was smoking.

"Let's go." I said hopping back into the car.

We drove to some kind of bar. When we got in it smelled heavily of smoke, sweat, and alcohol. Men were playing pool and girls with barely any clothing on were wrapped around those men. They all looked over at Brayden and started to walk towards us. Getting a little jealous and scared, I grabbed onto Brayden's hand and they all backed off.

Brayden started to lead me back to a table in the back. We passed one of the pool tables and Brayden knocked one of the balls on the table. One of the man threw his stick to the ground and yelled something but I didn't understand what he said. Then another man that smelled heavily of beer swung at Brayden. Brayden pushed me back and neither of us got hit.

Then another man swung at Brayden and got him right in the jaw. Then I noticed who that man was. It was John. My boss, or ex boss? If I even still have that job.

Brayden stood back up and punched him back. I was sure Brayden could take him. But then the other guys ganged in on him too.

I stated pounding my fists on one of the men but I wasn't very strong. They each took turns punching or kicking the shit out of him. I just kept pounding on their backs, with no result.

Eventually I was screaming as loud as I could, just hoping someone would help. But no one did.

I guess the men got sick of me and one of them was holding me back by my waist. All I could do was flail around.

Finally they stopped and let go of me. I fell to the ground next to Brayden. Blood was gushing out of his nose and both of his lips were swollen and bleeding. He was hunched over holding his stomach. I was going to call the hospital but Brayden didn't want me too. He eventually got up and managed to walk to the bathroom. I waited outside the door for him and when he came out he just walked out to the car. Like nothing happened!

I got into the car, ready to go off on him, "What the HELL is your problem! They could have killed you!"

"Well they didn't. And I'm fine...."

"You are NOT fine!" I said. But he didn't answer back.

He drove me to my house. He pulled up into my driveway and said, "Get out."

I got out of his car and he sped away.