Chapter 9

"Where are we going?" I asked him when we started driving.

"Do you wanna see my band play?"

"Really?!"

"Yeah. We are playing tonight at a club. You can hang out backstage with they other guys's girls. If that's ok with you?" He said looking over at me with a puppy dog face.

"That would be awesome!" I told him.

He was going to introduce me to his friends. But what would he introduce me as? Are we a 'thing' yet?

We pulled into the back of the club parks lot. He got out and a couple of guys rushed over to him. Chris was one of them. Chris played bass for the band.

"Why did you bring her?" Chris said, nodding over at me.

I stepped back a little, smacked with shock.

"Shut up, Chris." Brayden snapped at him.

Brayden grabbed my hand and took me in the back entrance. We walked into the little room where two other girls sat. There was a tall, busty redhead and a girl with bluish-purple hair that looked as tall as me.

"I'll be right back." Brayden said. Then he kissed my cheek and walked back out the door.

Both of the girls stood up. "I'm Jackie." the redhead said. She had a deeper voice, like she smoked a pack of cigarettes a day.

"I'm Samantha." The other girl said. She had a higher-pitched voice.

Samantha grabbed my hand and sat me on the couch between her and Jackie.

"So, are you the other band members girlfriends?" I asked trying to push away my shyness.

Samantha laughed. "We're more like 'groupies'. We entertain the boys."

"What do you think you are to Brayden?" Jackie said, kind of snobby, as she walked to the mini fridge in the corner of the small room.

"Don't pay attention to her. She hasn't smoked since this morning. She won't be in a good mood until one of the boys brings her a pack. Or if she gets wasted. So, what's you name, kid?"

"Charlotte." I said.

"I love your hair! What brand of hair dye do you use?" She asked, touting my hair and running her fingers through it.

"Thanks. This is my natural hair color though."

"You should let me add some color to it tonight!"

"Um..."

"It will be fun! We can do it when the boys start preforming."

Samantha walked over to the mini fridge. "Do you want a beer?" She asked me.

"No thanks." I said, trying to avoid that.

"Aww! Come on!"

"I have school tomorrow."

"Oh, I don't think you will be going to school tomorrow. Not if Brayden has anything to do with it." Jackie said, again kind of snobby.

"Here," Samantha threw a beer to me, "Just incase you change your mind."

All the boys walked in. Brayden sat down next to me and put his arm around me. He grabbed my beer and took a drink.

"Take a sip, babe." He said as he handed it back to me.

I took a little sip. The taste took all the moisture out of my mouth. It burned my throat at it went down my throat. Yet, I took another sip after that. It didn't burn as much as I went on. And soon there was only a little left in the bottom of the can.

I started to get a little dizzy and everything was a little blurry. Another beer was tossed at me, and I automatically opened it. It was like I had no control over what I was doing.

"I'm going out on stage, babe, I'll get you after the show." Brayden said into my ear and kissed my neck. "Girls, please watch her for me." He said looking over at Jackie and Samantha. Then he walked out.

Samantha grabbed my had and led me to a bathroom.

"Sammanthaaaa, I dunt feel sa gud." My speech was slurring and I was on my third can of beer.

"It's ok honey, it will pass over. Just drink some more." Samantha said and I took another gulp.

Samantha sat me down on a stool in the bathroom and I closed my eyes, trying to get over my headache. I just kept taking swigs of beer and Samantha was messing with my hair.

I felt tugging on my hair and then it felt light. Then she was scrunching my hair. And at some point she had my head in the sink, washing my hair. Finally she stood me up. I felt a big pain in my stomach and I ran into a stall and threw up. Samantha came in and tied up my hair and rubbed my back. She left the bathroom and came back with a toothbrush and toothpaste and let me brush my teeth.

Samantha brought me back out to the couch and I think I fell asleep for a little bit, because when I woke up Brayden was carrying me.

"You fell asleep, babe." He said, chuckling.

"I'm so sorry! I wanted to see you perform. I didn't mean to fall asleep!"

"It's ok. Did you have fun?" He said kissing my forehead.

"Yeah."

"I like your hair."

I touched my hair, "Thanks." But something was different about my hair. It felt different.

Brayden got me into his car and we drove off. I think I fell asleep again because Brayden woke me up.

"Charlotte, we're here." He said holding my hands.

"Where are we?" I said sitting up.

"My apartment." He said as he helped me up.

"I need to get home. I have school tomorrow. Or... In a couple of hours." I said, pulling out my phone. It was almost 2 a.m.

"You're wasted, babe, you can't go to school."

"No. I'm fine. Take me home."

"I want to show you my place. I'll take you home in a little bit." Then he got me out of the car and led me to his door.

••A/N I'm sorry I haven't updated in like FOREVER!!! I've just been really busy. I plan on finishing Escape like really soon if any of you guys read that. I know some people have been asking me to update it. I hope you guys like this chapter. I made it longer to try to make it up to you guys. ••