12

Hadley blinked her eyes open. Feeling the weight of Clay's body pressing into her, she felt content. His leg was sandwiched between her legs and his arm was wrapped around her hips. She felt his chest rise and fall steadily against her back.

She looked at the clock on the nightstand. It was only six in the morning. Why am I awake right now?

Sighing in frustration, she snuggled closer to Clay's body, seeking out his warmth. Reaching a hand out, she gently traced the veins in his forearms. She thought his veiny arms were very attractive. They emphasized his masculinity and strength, fully encompassing his sexiness.

Then she moved to his hands. His hands were large and his fingers were long and thick. The skin of his hands was rough from years of training and manual labor. The roughness felt seductive against her skin when he would touch her.

Her skin broke out in goosebumps when his hand began to move up and down her arm.

"Hi, Clay," she whispered as she continued to play with his hands.

"What're you doing up so early, baby?" His voice was husky with early morning sleepiness.

She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Just woke up."

He flipped her body so her front pressed against his. She moved her arm so it wrapped around his waist.

"I'm taking you on a date tonight," he said.

"A date?"

"You've known about us for a month now, and I still haven't taken you out. I think you deserve that."

"Where are you taking me?"

Clay shook his head. "It's a surprise."

"Hmmm, a surprise? I'm looking forward to it Mr. Posillico. What should I wear?"

"Wear whatever you please."

"Clay I need more information than that. I can't wear whatever I want when I don't know where we are going. If you decide to take me horseback riding, I'd look stupid wearing a dress for a fancy restaurant."

Clay chuckled at her annoyance. "Just wear something you wear every day, something causal."

"Causal. I can do that."

Clay pulled Hadley up the bed a few inches to meet his face. "You're beautiful," he whispered, combing his fingers through her hair. He leaned in, capturing her lips with his. He could feel her smiling against his mouth.

He gently bit her bottom lip and then slid his tongue into her mouth. As he kissed her, he slid his hand under the back of her shirt, resting his hand in the middle of her bare back.

Hadley tried to ignore the hardness pressing into her thigh as they kissed, but it was difficult. It was growing harder against her as they touched.

She pulled away to take a breath and Clay trailed his lips down her jaw. Then he started to kiss along the center of her neck. She moaned and arched her neck, enjoying the feeling of his lips against her skin.

"Just a little taste," he said before piercing her skin. She closed her eyes as she felt tingles erupt from the area and spread across her body. After a few seconds, he retracted his fangs and licked the puncture wounds closed.

Clay pulled his head away from her and laid back against the bed. Then he slid his hands under her body and pulled her so she laid on top of him.

"What time are we going tonight?" Hadley asked after a few minutes of holding each other in silence.