17

"Stop harassing me!" She kicked her legs out and splashed water at Clay's face.

"Stop trying to get away," he retorted, wrapping his hand around her ankle, pulling her toward him.

"Clay!" She yelled, moving her hands to try to pry his fingers from around her ankle. "I have to go meet your mom."

"She won't mind if you're late."

"I will mind. Let go of me." She continued trying to pull her ankle from his grasp.

Clay finally let go but pulled her body to his chest. He walked up the steps to the pool while holding her in his arms. She watched as water droplets ran down his back, disappearing into his swimming shorts. She'd never thought she'd be jealous of a water droplet.

Clay set her on her feet on the pool deck and then handed her a towel. She dried herself off, then wrapped the towel around her body since she was cold after leaving the warm water.

They walked back up to their quarters where they both got dressed. Hadley blow-dried her hair and applied a layer of mascara to her eyelashes. Amaryllis was taking her to a restaurant in town, so she wanted to look a little bit put together and not so much like a drowned rat.

"You look beautiful," Clay told her when she emerged from the bathroom.

"Thanks." Her cheeks were lightly blushing.

"I wish I was taking you out." His thumb brushed against her hip.

"You can take me out tomorrow," she said, winking at him.

"Maybe I'll take you up on that offer, baby."

He reached his hands down, grabbing her ass and pushing his body into hers.

"I have to go, Clay," Hadley chastised.

"Just one kiss." He bent his head, gently biting Hadley's lower lip. She opened her mouth for him, allowing his tongue to slide in and meet her own.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, trying to move their bodies impossibly closer. Moving his hand up her abdomen, he cupped her breast in his hand, gently squeezing.

She moaned against his lips, digging her hands into his thick hair. Clay pulled away after a few moments and unwrapped her arms from around his neck.

"What?" She asked with a defeated tone. Clay smirked and kissed her forehead. "You have to go remember?"

Hadley rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "I hate you."

"Love you too, baby girl. But it's time for you to go."

Hadley grabbed her purse and walked toward the door. Clay slapped her ass on her way out.

****

"Ace and Thierry were looking through old files and the last name Delvaux came up."

"What year?" Ulric asked.

"The last name has been found in census recordings and other forms up until the year 1656. Then the name disappeared. It's not found anywhere else after that year," Clay explained.