15

"I'm going to be late for school," Hadley stated as she pushed against her insatiable mate's chest. He had her body pinned between his body and the front door as he kissed her neck.

"A few minutes won't hurt."

"Clayton," she chastised. "I have to go."

Finally, he pulled away from her but leaned down once more for a kiss on the lips. "Have a good day and drive safely."

"I will. You have a good day too, love you."

"Love you too."

She sighed when she shut the door behind her. She wished that the "love you" had a different meaning now than it did when she was twelve.

She ran to her car since Clay held her hostage for five more minutes after the time she was supposed to leave. Luckily she got to school early anyway, so she wouldn't actually be late.

When she pulled into her parking spot at school, Hazel was already in the spot right next to hers. They got out at the same time and walked toward the building together.

"Wow, Hadley, what were you two doing last night?"

"Hmm?" She looked at Hazel, confused as to what she meant.

"The hickeys on your neck."

Her stomach dropped to her knees. "Hickeys?"

"Yeah. There are two of them on your neck. I think if you keep your hair over the front of your shoulder you can cover them."

Hadley pulled her phone out and flipped the camera around so she could see her neck. "Oh my god." She reached her fingers up to her neck, running them over the marks. "I cannot believe him."

"And right before school," Hazel said, stifling a laugh.

"I'm going to murder him when I get home."

"Hey, they don't look that bad."

"Are you not looking at the same things I'm looking at. There are two huge red blobs on my neck."

"I know, I was just trying to make you feel better. Seriously though if you keep your hair down, you'll be able to hide them."

"Ugh," she groaned, pulling her hair over her shoulder. Hazel was right, if she kept her hair like that then they weren't visible.

She went the entire morning feeling anxious about her hair placement. She didn't want anyone to see Clay's hickeys and ask her about them. She would surely die of embarrassment.

"Hey," Hazel said when she caught up to Hadley as they were leaving school for the day. They had different classes for the last period of the day, so Hazel usually caught up to her on the sidewalk walking to the student parking lot.

"What's up?"

"So, not to be weird. I know we've only known each other for two weeks. But I was wondering if maybe you wanted to hang out today?"

"Yeah definitely. What did you want to do?"

"Well, I heard about this Italian ice place in town. Have you ever been there before?"