14

Amaryllis and Ulric's POV

"Shhhh!" Amaryllis whispered as she smacked Ulric on the chest. "If you wake Emery up I'll kill you." He had slammed the door to their bedroom and if Emery would have woken up, Amaryllis would've lost her mind.

Emery was in a terrible mood that day. The terrible twos were no match for the terrible threes.

"You'll kill me, little mate? With what?" His smirk was sexy, but she wanted to wipe it right off his face.

"Shut up."

Ulric laughed silently and wrapped Amaryllis up in his arms before tossing her gently on the bed. He pushed his jeans off his legs and ripped Amaryllis's leggings and panties off too, along with her shirt and bra.

She pushed his shirt over his shoulders and leaned up to kiss his chest. He spread her knees apart with his hands and stared at her glistening center. "Even after 46 years together, you still get so wet for me," he said, his voice filled with need.

"You still get hard for me." She gripped his erection over his boxer briefs. Ulric kicked those off his legs as well.

"Speaking of 46 years together, I'm so thankful that I'm mates with you because if I weren't I'd be so ugly right now. Old and wrinkly. I would look like my age, 64 years old, instead of looking like I'm still 23."

"You'd still be beautiful," Ulric said as he stared at her gorgeous body.

"No, I wouldn't. I would be wrinkly and gross."

"You would be wrinkly, but you wouldn't be gross. Don't speak badly about yourself. Your beauty is timeless, little mate. Besides, if anyone would be ugly, it would be me. I'm 371 years old."

Amaryllis rolled her eyes. "You're so handsome." Her fingers traced down his muscular chest to his strong abdomen. In all the time she had known him, he had never gained a single ounce of fat on his body. He was still as muscular and strong as he always had been. 

She was slightly jealous. Her body had changed after having four children. She had stretch marks and she didn't think she was as pleasing to look at as she was when she was 18.

"What's on your mind?" Ulric stopped staring at her body and looked into her eyes instead. He could tell she was upset by something.

"It's stupid."

Ulric gave her a look, telling her she better start talking.

"Fine. It's just that you haven't changed at all. You're still as handsome and muscular as you were when we first met. And I'm different. I have all these stretch marks and I'm just not as pretty as I once was."

His jaw ticked as he listened to her words. "Amaryllis, it pains me to hear you speak that way about yourself. Your stretch marks do not take away from your beauty. No, you don't look that same as you did 46 years ago, but you shouldn't look the same. You birthed our four beautiful children. You held them each in your womb for nine months and nourished them, giving them a life. Your stretch marks tell the story of our lives. Don't ever think they make you less beautiful. I wouldn't change a thing about you, and you shouldn't want to either. You don't look the same as you did when you were 18, but you are just as beautiful."

Amaryllis closed her eyes and smiled. "How do you always know the right thing to say when I'm feeling insecure?"

"Because nothing about you would ever make me feel differently than what I just said. It's the truth."

"I love you so much, Ulric."

"I love you, little mate. Now, I don't want to ever hear you say those things again. If you're ever feeling insecure, just tell me and I'll kiss your body until that feeling goes away."