I Won't Give Up

-Niall’s Point of View-

“Harry and I can’t hang out. We have some plans already and tell Zayn he could suck my dick.” I tell Lou on the phone before hanging up.

The moment I woke up, I knew it was going to be an interesting day.

My head is constantly swimming and I feel nauseous. I wish I could just stop thinking.

What if I fail Harry? What if I try my absolute hardest but in the end it doesn’t even matter? It isn’t fair for him to love me with his whole heart although they didn’t even give him one. There has to be an exception. I know Harry’s different. Whether he’s programmed or not, his love is real. Call me naïve but I know love when I feel it.

“Niall?” His deep voice catches my attention.

“Yes, love?” I clear my throat.

“Why are you so sad? Is it because you like me better as a robot?” He asks, his green eyes regarding me with pain.

“No, I’m just afraid….” I blink away stubborn tears.

“Afraid of what? I’ll protect you.” His warm arms wrap around my torso.

“Afraid of letting you down.” I answer.

“I don’t care if I’m this way forever. That isn’t why I want to be human. I want to be a worthy companion. I want to be able to grow old with you…” He slowly takes my hand and I clench my jaw trying not to cry.

“I want that too, so much but I need you to know that whatever happens, I want you forever.”

“Forever isn’t long enough.”

I kiss him. It’s sweet and it says everything that I can’t.

“It’s time to go.”

I grab the MapQuest printed paper and memorize the directions.

Harry doesn’t let my hand go for a single second which is good because I think I might crumble down and give in to the fear buzzing in my chest. I have to be strong for us. I even drive using one hand so I don’t have to let go of Harry’s hand.

It takes us about forty minutes to get to the warehouse that apparently made Harry. I see the glittery logo from the website on the top corner of the massive gray building.

“What do we do now?” Harry asks while we sit parked in front of the building.

“I-I don’t know.”

I’m feeling a little bit claustrophobic as we sit in the car. My body is rising a few degrees but not in a good way. I have a killer headache coming on and I can feel everything single muscle pulsating.

“We don’t have to do this.” Harry whispers.

“I don’t know why I’m freaking out like this.” I reply nervously fiddling with the steering wheel.

“I think you do know.”

I side glance at Harry. He’s right. I do know.

“Tell me.” He reaches for one of my hands that are still clutching the steering wheel.

“I really want to do this for you because I feel like I owe you.”

“Owe me? Niall you don’t owe me a single thing.”

“I do! I didn’t have anyone before you. No one has ever cared or given me as much attention as you have. My inexperience wasn’t even a big deal to you. You think any of those college lads want to date a clueless virgin? Just…just thank you for loving me.”