You and I

Support if you like this pretty please :)

Stay lovely. xx

-Niall’s Point of View-

Liam sat opposite me and Harry at the booth.

It’s strange on so many levels. First off, Liam doesn’t ever give me the time of day. He politely says hello but that is about it. You’d never find him engaging conversation with me let alone sitting with me at the bar. I get it, he’s cool and I’m not. Then there’s the fact that he sees me being romantically involved with someone else and he’s asking to join us. Isn’t that sort of strange? Why would you intrude when two people are snogging?

Harry hangs off of me affectionately.

“Who’s your mate?” Liam asks glancing at Harry who has his face hidden against my neck.

“This is Harry. He’s new to the school.” I explain. “Say hello, love.” I whisper to Harry.

Harry lifts his head and regards Liam skeptically.

“Hello.” He says curtly.

“Hello.” Liam returns with a nod.

“So…how’ve you been?” I ask fiddling with the beer glass in front of me.

I’m sure Liam remembers our last exchange when I stupidly tried to ask him on a date. He wasn’t rude about it or anything but it still hurt nonetheless. I knew it’s because he’s the sporty jock type and I’m just not. I don’t really fall into any category. I’m just there.

“I’ve been well. Track is going really great.” Liam says with this dazzling smile. The dazzling smile that reaches those warm brown eyes making them crinkle at the edges.

It’s almost as cute as Harry’s smile, except he doesn’t have dimples.

“Are you interested in any sports?” Liam asks Harry.

“That depends.” Harry shrugs nonchalantly.

“On what?” I ask.

On whether you like athletes.” He smiles at me with his cheeky little smile that has become his signature.

“I’m quite fond of them.” I blush looking down at the wooden table.

“Then yes. I love sports. All sports.” Harry answers Liam.

“You know, we have a game of football at the park tomorrow with some of the lads on the track and football team. We have an open spot since one of the lads sprained an ankle, would you be interested?” Liam asks Harry.

Harry looks at me, asking for permission with his eyes.

“If you want to, you can.” I half-smile.

“Of course, you’d come too Niall. I’d love to see you in the audience.” Liam throws me another smile.

“You can be my cheerleader.” Harry says stealing my attention to give me a peck on the lips.

Harry…” I blush, glancing at Liam.

“I’d better go. See you both tomorrow. G’bye, Niall.” Liam says getting up.

I wave goodbye and smile.

“Stop smiling at him.” Harry scowls at me.

“What?”

“I don’t like when you smile at him.” He says a bit maddened.

“I’m just being nice.”