Things Are Lookin' Up Darling

-Niall’s Point of View-

I don’t get invited to parties. Zayn and Louis are the ones that get invited and they offer me to tag along but it makes me uncomfortable showing up to a party uninvited. I feel like people would sense my presence and kick me out.  I know people do it often, show up to parties even if they have no clue who’s throwing it.

That isn’t me though.

Liam’s house is quite lovely. Not too big, but not too small. There are people absolutely everywhere. There’s people dancing and grinding against each other with red party cups on their hands. There are people playing strip poker. There are people snogging in dark corners.

My chest tightens when I realize the people snogging in the corner are Zayn and some girl dressed as a naughty angel. Very classy, Zayn.

I spot Harry talking to Eleanor by the snacks and drinks table. She and Lou are wearing matching costumes. They’re salt and pepper shakers. Louis is salt and Eleanor is pepper. It’s cute if you’re into that sort of thing. Even though Lou is chatting with some lad and El is chatting with Harry, Lou and El keep their hands loosely clasped.

“Yes! I’m a vampire which is sort of funny.” Harry explains to El.

“Why’s that?”

“Well vampires suck things and before we came to the party, I sucked Niall’s-“

“Harry! Come with me to get another drink?” I cut him off but it’s too late because Eleanor is laughing so hard but not in an insulting way.

“Harry, you are such a character.” She smiles pinching his cheek.

I pull Harry away.

“Is something wrong Niall?” Harry asks.

“You can’t say stuff like that out loud to people.”

“Why not? Is it because I didn’t do a good job?”

“No you did amazing, fantastic, and spectacular but those things are private.” I try to clarify.

“Okay.” He simply says with a smile.

We grab two more drinks and Harry begins telling me about some lad wearing some absurd penis costume of some sort when a girl dressed up as a sexy ladybug approaches the two of us.

“Hey vampire, why haven’t I seen you around?” The girl asks.

I recognize her as some girl that sits near me in my psychology class.

“I’m new.” Harry smiles.

She glances at me with distaste, as if she’s reminding me that I’m out of place here.

“You want to come get a drink with me?” She asks him.

“No.” Harry shakes his head.

Her jaw tightens but she smiles at the both us even though I know it is isn’t genuine.

“How do you know Niall?” She asks Harry.

“We’re roommates.” He answers throwing me a smile.

“Lucky him. I’m Scarlett.” She says inching closer to Harry.

“I’m Harry, you know Niall?” Harry questions.

“Somewhat.”

“He’s wonderful.” Harry smiles, wrapping one of his arms around my waist so I’m slightly against him.

“I’m sure he is. You should come meet some of my friends Harry.” She says reaching for his free hand.

He pulls it away with a bothered expression.