The Fourth Drink Instinct

-Niall’s Point of View-

Much to my surprise, everything is going pretty well. I’ve taken the lads all around Mullingar. It makes me so happy to see Harry genuinely interested unlike Zayn and Louis.

Zayn stays quiet most of the time.

Louis seems in good spirits but I can tell something’s on his mind. He constantly checks his phone and I immediately know what his deal is. He’s missing Eleanor.

“What’s next babe?” Harry asks jumping on to my back.

“I dunno, the sun’s going down. How about the pub?” I ask the lads.

They all nod and we walk to one that I know nearby.

“Baby look at the squirrel!” Harry says excitedly, pointing at the 100th squirrel.

“I know, love. They’re cute.” I smile at him.

It’s new to Harry, being out here in the world. The least I could do is be patient. I could only be so excited about a squirrel or bottle cap in the street remembering Harry is experiencing these things for the first time.

We reach the pub and immediately start pounding down the beers. Louis is the first one to get hammered drunk. He’s making bad jokes and laughing at everything. Then it’s Zayn who’s coming out of his normally shy shell. Finally, after my fifth beer I’m laughing along with Lou as I try to teach him how to do an Irish jig.

“Have another round boys, on the house.” The female bartender flirts bringing us shots of vodka.

“Baby, be careful.” Harry says kissing my temple.

“Why do I need to be careful when I have you to protect me?” I laugh and give him a sloppy kiss.

“You’re absolutely right. I’ll carry you home if that’s what you need but I don’t know about your mates.” Harry grins before kissing me.

“You are so bloody hot.” I groan burying my hands in his dark hair and pulling him in for a deeper kiss.

“Maybe we should all go home!” Louis shouts.

“Tonight I’m gonna have sex for the first time!” I shout.

Everyone in the bar started yelling and clapping for me. I feel like a mother fucking king. I laugh and turn to Harry who’s blushing profusely. He smiles and picks me up bridal style while the boys follow us out the pub. We all start singing Taylor Swift’s You Belong with Me.

“There’s only one thing missing in the beautiful cover of You Belong with Me.” Louis says stumbling behind us.

“And what’s that mate?” Zayn questions.

“Taylor Swift. We need to steal her.”

“You mean kidnap?”

“Same thing.”

“You want to steal Taylor Swift?”

“I reckon she’s worth a lot. She’s a darling, that lass.” Louis says with a crap Irish accent.

I’m laughing uncontrollably against Harry’s neck.

“Did you really mean it?” Harry whispers in my ear.

“Mean what, love?” I ask playing with one of his curls.

“About having sex tonight?”

“I’ve wanted you this whole time but I was afraid. I’m not afraid no more.” I slur.

We reach the house and we’re all giggling trying to be quiet. Louis pushes Zayn into a cherub making all of us laugh. His legs are sticking straight out in the air and he’s cursing at us. Once Zayn reappears, Lou pushes him back in. I’m laughing so hard, I’m crying. This all feels like old times.