The damage that we do

The ride back to the hotel was silent.

My dark dress had light spots of blood designing what was left of the fabric. My breathing was steady as I averted my eyes to the window of the limo. I ended up killing Elijah with every last bit of rage I had towards him, and Vincent scolded me for it.

We've been trying to kill him for ages now and he's lucky I didn't do it 2 years ago when he started this shit. If anything, I was doing him and Vincent a favor.

As we pulled into the parking lot of the hotel, Vincent informed me that we were heading back to Italy tomorrow. That was the last thing I wanted to hear.

Leaving Italy was like a breath of fresh air that I couldn't get enough of. I grew up there, always wanting to escape from my parents and all of the problems they carry with them.

For years now I've always wanted to escape to an island far away from home, just to live in the moment for once.

I was brought out of my thoughts by someone opening my door, with their hand out for me to take. I gave the man a sarcastic smile and got out of the car, slamming the door on my way out. Vincent ran his hands through his hair angrily as I walked peacefully beside him. He was obviously stressed about something and it's probably the fact that I'm killing most of our enemies with ease.

Without him.

"We needed him for information Delilah, what the fuck were you thinking?" Vincent snarled, annoyed. "I was thinking that if we took down one of our biggest competitors, maybe it would be less stressful for all of us" I stated, walking into the room.

Vincent sighed and sat on the bed in defeat. I walked into the bathroom, leaving Vincent with his thoughts for the night. As I turned on the shower, water poured from the shower head falling like rain, much like the one back at safe house.

I stripped from my cloths and slid the door open, stepping inside. The hot water soothed my tense muscles while I watched the dry blood flow down the drain. My head fell back under the water while I let it run through my hair soothingly.

I took a deep breath contemplating my thoughts while I scrubbed conditioner into my hair, massaging my scalp. Once I was finished I turned off the shower and dried myself off, trying to get the rest of the blood off of my hands.

My hair fell effortlessly down my shoulders as I unwrapped the towel that dried it. It became a lighter shade of brown, due to the amount of sun I've been in lately.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Vincent fast asleep on the bed. He looked so peaceful when he slept.

No unexpected emotion changes

No demands

No death glares

Just peaceful.

I climbed into bed next to him as he instinctively wrapped his arms around me. I shifted uncomfortably in his arms but that only made his grip tighter around my waist.

I decided to embrace it considering I really had no choice at this point. "Stay" he mumbled under his breath. I furrowed my eyebrows and glanced over at him to see him still asleep.

His ink covered arm guarded my stomach and his head was placed in the crook of my neck. I had to admit that this wasn't as bad as I imagined it to be.