Toxic

I got changed into a comfortable outfit and made my way back downstairs. Tessa made some new popcorn and Landon put cookies in the oven.

"Wow Landon I've never seen you make something without Tessa's help" I said as I walked down the stairs. "Yeah well it took him 5 minutes to separate the cookie dough" Tess rolled her eyes and sat on one of the bar stools, typing away on her phone.

I walked to the couch and stretched across it, crossing my legs. I have no clue where Vincent went but I figured he would be back soon enough.

Landon walked into the living room and sat on the couch across from me. "So" he started, "where's your boyfriend?" I tensed at his choice of words. "Boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yeah you know like when a boy and girl love each other and-" I held up my hand to stop him. "I get it" I closed my eyes to calm down.

"We're not dating Landon" I said with a stern tone. He looked at me and smirked. "Suuurrreee" he said, wiggling his eyebrows. I rolled my eyes and looked at the Tv.

Now I'm overthinking.

I don't know if he feels the things I feel when we're together but I know there's definitely something there. He overtakes my body and mind whenever we are together and it feels like an electric force is the only thing keeping us from falling for each other.

A sudden weight on my chest brought me out of my thoughts. I looked down and saw that Vincent's arms were wrapped around me and his head was on my chest.

His legs intertwined with mine as he listened to the pace of my heartbeat. I looked at Landon to see him staring at the Tv clearly very focused on what happens next.

I ran my hands through Vince's hair, glad that Landon didn't see a thing that was happening. Tessa was still busy in the kitchen and only god know's what she's cooking now.

She stepped into the living room holding a bowl of popcorn and a tray of cookies. She raised her eyebrows and gave me a knowing look, "remember what I told you" she mouthed.

Landon fell asleep by the time everyone was in the room and Vince fell asleep shortly after. I stopped the movements in his hair and let darkness consume me.

*******

Vincent Ramirez POV:

I woke up to a light snore and the sun blinding me through the curtains. A steady heartbeat eased my mind as soon as I realized where I was. Lilah was asleep under me with her hands in my hair and her legs tangled with mine.

I shook my head and closed my eyes in attempt to remember today's plans. I got up, carefully removing Lilah's hands from my hair while fixing my own and grabbing a blanket to cover her with.

I immediately regretted it after her warm touch left my body. I shook Landon awake and he eventually got up after a couple minutes. I hate to leave Lilah again without telling her but I'll see her later so I wasn't as worried.

As long as she was with me.

I know I can't love her but she has a way of making things way too damn hard. I don't know what is is about her that I love so much but something is definitely pushing me to her.

I cleared my head of any distracting thoughts and started a warm shower. I had about 20 minutes before I had to be at the safe house and in those 20 minutes, I have to clear any possible thought of Delilah.

Fuck this is going to be hard.

Ever since that night at the hotel, no one else has been worth thinking about. Only her. She consumed me in every way possible and she made sure of that.

I can't deny any sort of attraction to her and my heart aches at the thought of her not feeling the same way.

Does she think about me the way I think about her?

Even if she did there was no way we could be together. It would get both of us killed and I can't afford to have her as a distraction from my mafia.

The fucking nerve of this woman.

I shook my head again, trying to forget any feeling towards Delilah. I cant let her get in the way of the important things I need to get done.