Sunkissed

Vincent Ramirez POV:

I woke I up at 5:00am and got ready for my daily workout. I had a shit ton of things to do today and I wan not in the best mood for anyone's  bullshit.

Before getting ready, I slowly tried to move Delilah off of me. One of her legs was wrapped with my own and the other was draped over my stomach. I found my hand still tangled in her hair and removed it as I got up.

She snuggled into my chest for the night and I was actually happy. Whenever I'm around her, I feel like I'm being drawn in by her. Every time she looks at me it feels like the whole world stopped, and we were the only two on earth.

Her eyes held a swirl of emotions but behind all of those mixed feeling, were fear. And I could see it. Every time I held her in my arms, it was like I was the only one she trusted.

I took a deep breath and peeled her arms off of me, earning a small groan from her. She snuggled closer and all I could do was watch and feel. I sighed and kissed the top of her forehead.

"I'll be back princess"

And that was a promise.

Delilah Ross POV:

"Wakey waaakeeeyy" a voice said. I covered my head with my pillow and groaned.

"Get up sleepyhead I brought you breakfast" Landon said placing a plate of delicious food on the side table. "Actually Tessa made it but whatever" he mumbled, annoyed.

I sighed into my pillow and lifted my head to meet Landon's eyes. "Tell Tess I said thanks" I smiled at him while he crossed his arms over his chest.

I started eating and looked up at him. "What?" I snapped. "You're not gonna thank me?" He asked with a pout.

At this point I could take him back to kindergarten.

"For what?" I asked with a mouth full of food. "For bringing it up here..duh" he grabbed a shirt from Vincent's closet and put it on. I eyed him, knowing that Vince wouldn't like that Landon stole one of his shirts.

"Relax he'll never know" I rolled my eyes as he started to walk out.

I ate my breakfast in soothing silence as the brightness of the sun broke through the curtains. After finishing my food, I set it back in the table for the maids to take it down.

I went to my room and gladly, my head didn't hurt and I felt alit better than last night. As I made my way through the halls I found myself humming the song "woman" by Harry styles.

I turned the corner to my room and closed the door behind me. I had the whole day to myself since Vince was out doing things and Tess and Landon were doing whatever they do to entertain themselves during the day.

I decided to go to the pool since I had nothing planned. I picked out a black bathing suit, black sunglasses and a book.

I walked downstairs and opened the slide door to get outside

I walked downstairs and opened the slide door to get outside. I had to walk through half the mansion to get to the door but once I got outside it was worth it.

I laid my towel down by the pool and put my sunglasses on, laying on my towel. I started reading a book called "the dare" that Tessa suggested.

Reading is one of the things I do often and it keeps me calm. My grandmother always used to tell me that reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.

It's truly a blessing to remember some of the advice she has given me throughout the years and I always think about the things she used to tell me.