Bitter

I woke up to the sound of yelling downstairs and noticed that Vincent was no longer in bed with me. I rubbed my temple and tried to put the bits and pieces of last night together.

I slept with him again.

"Landon shut the fuck up!" Tessa yelled from downstairs. I groaned and rolled myself off the bed, taking the blankets with me. I could hear all of them yelling from downstairs and they were giving me a headache.

As I made my way to the chaos, the smell of fresh pancakes hit my nose. I smiled to myself and rushed downstairs to get the best of them before Landon took what's left.

I stood in the large doorway of the kitchen and stared at Tess, Landon and Vince until they noticed me.

"No you're overreacting!" Tessa yelled at Landon.

"But that's not how you make pancakes you have to add the chocolate chips after!"

"Landon you put the chocolate chips in the mix before you make them!"

"Tessa trust me I know how to make pancakes. c'mon Vince back me up here!" Vincent gave him a cold glare and Landon looked at me.

"Lilah, darling you agree with me right?" Landon asked, rubbing my cheek with his thumb. I raised an eyebrow and took his hand off of my cheek, giving him a death glare.

"Sorry Landon, I don't pick sides" I smiled as he rolled his eyes and went on and on about how chocolate chips go on pancakes after you make them.

I got my fair share of breakfast while Vince made the two of them stop arguing. Tessa was one of the best cooks I knew so I would honestly pick her side but Landon wouldn't be very happy with me and he would complain about it every time we ate pancakes.

I watched as Landon sprinkled small chocolate chips on his pancakes after adding whipped cream and ice cream on top. I rolled my eyes at his child like acts and sat down at a barstool.

We all ate in silence until Landon spoke up. "Soooo how are we all doing this fine morning?" He asked sarcastically. I hit his shoulder as he rubbed the pain away and stuck his tongue out at me. "You're no fun" he mumbled.

I took a deep breath and continued eating while everyone stayed silent.

I was the first one to get up and clean my plate and Vince was the second. "everyone meet me in my office in 5" he announced. I watched as he walked to his room slamming the door, waiting for Tess and Landon to finish their food.

They finally finished and we walked to Vincent's office, as the tension between us got thicker every second. I walked into the room and Vincent instantly caught my attention.

The suit he was wearing was slightly unbuttoned, showing the dark tattoos that covered the skin on his chest. His muscles flexed through the sleeves of his shirt, showing that it was almost skin tight on him. He leaned back in his chair while he tapped his chin with a pen and locked his eyes with mine.

The tension is rising...

He raised an eye brow, bringing me out of my trance. "You gonna sit?" Landon asked. I rolled my eyes and sat in the chair next to him , crossing my arms over my chest.

Vince took a breath after eyeing me for a second and began to explain why he called us here. "I know how hard you all have trained throughout the years but now we need to train harder and longer for this next couple of months"

We all groaned in response and Landon almost fell out of his chair. "I know, I know but it's going to be fairly easy to defeat Joseph" he said.

"Then why do we need to train more?" I asked. "Because he made an alliance with the Ivan" I raised my eyebrows and leaned into my chair, biting my lip while thinking.

"Well if you think about it all we have to do is break in, get what we need kill who we need to kill and leave."

"And what makes you think things will be that easy?" Vince asked. "Fist of all their training is terrible and the men there only care about how many whores they can fuck in one night" I huffed and leaned onto my elbows, resting my chin in my hands.

"Delilah it's not going to be that easy" Tessa frowned, "We all know that Ivan is stronger than us and it'll take a lot more than just breaking in"

"Right, that's why training starts next week" Vincent said, analyzing our reactions. I kept as calm as I could not wanting to take out my anger now. We all nodded and Vince dismissed us but stoped me right as I was about to leave.

"You will be training with me next week Delilah"

A/N

Hey guys so unfortunately the next update won't be until next Saturday because I will be with my family in Italy for some time but I pinky swear I will try my best to work on the next chapter when I can :)