The fear i hold

I woke up to the sound of thunder alarming the night sky. Vincent's arms were no longer around me, leaving me cold and disappointed.

Wait no.

I'm not disappointed.

The thunder makes it's loud apperance again, alarming my senses. The lightning strikes as fear runs down my cold body, chilling every muscle. I've always feared thunder storms ever since I was a kid.

You can thank my sister for that.

Rain starts to pour, soaking the window as the drops start to get bigger. My heart was pounding in my chest as I held back sobs.

"Mommy look! Lightning!" My sister shouted from the kitchen. "I see honey!" I rushed into the kitchen to see what all the fuss was about. My mother's face suddenly saddens at the sight of me as she walks out of the kitchen.

Venessa hops down from the chair she was standing on and grabs my hand, forcing me outside. I look up at the dark cloudy sky then furrow my eye brows at her.

Suddenly she grabs my shoulders, pushing me further out into the storm. She closes the door as an evil grin crosses her devilish face. I stood in the rain and let my new pink dress soak along with my hair.

Lightning strikes close to me, while thunder loomed the clouds . The wind speed starts to pick up as leaves fly everywhere. I run to the door, banging my fists on it until someone....anyone answers. "Mama! Mama!" I pleaded.

No reply.

"Mama! Please let me in- I- I'm cold!" I shouted. My hands were shaking like crazy and soon my body followed. I gave up on trying to get them to care and sat on the dirt in defeat.

As I sob uncontrollably into my hands, lightning strikes the tree across from me. My heart is ready to burst out of my chest at that moment but I'm trying my best to not go crazy.

I scream into the night sky, letting any form of fear take over my body. "Mama please" I whimper, only praying to the God above that she can hear me.

"Grandma please come back..."

My hands start to tremble at the horrific memory as my heart skips a thousand beats. Everyone sees me as a powerful woman who can make a man cry with one glance, but under that is a hidden little girl who's biggest fear is her past.

I take small deep breaths, trying to keep calm as I watch the storm unfold in front of me. A warm hand grazes my shoulder as I whip myself around, meeting the eyes of Vincent. My lip starts to quiver slightly as he studies my face.

I've never told anyone how afraid I am of storms. And I'd like to keep it that way.

His hand cups my cheek as he runs his thumb along it to stop the tears from falling. "What's wrong Delilah? Did someone hurt you? Are you oka-" I cut him off by shaking my head and taking his hand in mine.

I tried to get words out but it was impossible with the state I'm in. All that came out were whimpers and soft cries. Thunder booms again, making me jump into Vincent's arms. His eyes light up at the storm as if he likes it and enjoy's the fright of mine.

"Is it the storm?" He finally asks. I nod my head and burry my face in his neck. He let out a small chuckle as I lift my head to look at his perfectly sculpted face. "I would've never thought someone as tough as you would be afraid of storms"

"I know" I said into his neck. I felt him shift a bit so that my head was on his chest as I laid on top of him. His heart beat was calming to me like small ocean waves after a storm. His hand made its way to my hair as he stroked it soothingly. "I'll protect you from any storm principessa"

That was the last thing I heard before falling asleep to the sound of rain hitting the window.

Omg words cannot express how happy I am to have 14k people reading my story!! I am very very grateful for every single one of you and hope that my story is enjoyable for everyone!! Also a huge thank you to all of you for 800 followers that's absolutely insane!!

-love E